PDA

View Full Version : House Insurance?

maisiemog
28-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey,

I'm really struggling to find an affordable contents insurance now that I'm minding. Any suggestions for who's good??

We were with Zurich but they want loads extra to cover the house for business use. Dont want to have to treble what we pay out if I can help it!!

beccas
28-12-2009, 06:57 PM
i am with house minder through ncma but morton michel do it. just google childminder contents insurance..

Hebs
28-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I've just (within last 5 mins) done mine more than cover us childminders inc accidental damage :thumbsup:

£25 a month for contents :D

beccas
28-12-2009, 07:04 PM
thats good mine up for renewal in aug will try them then.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
28-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I am with churchill and no increased premiums

maisiemog
29-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I am with churchill and no increased premiums

When I went on to the churchill website they said that one of the conditions of the insurance was that the house isnt used for childminding.

Gone with more than now. Actually cheaper than what we've been paying and covers me even though I mind from home! £15.49 a month...bargain!!!!

sweets
29-12-2009, 09:14 AM
sheilas wheels were the cheapest for me by far! i couldnt do it on the website though i had to ring them.

The Juggler
29-12-2009, 09:26 AM
thats good mine up for renewal in aug will try them then.:thumbsup:

Liverpool Victoria is good - I pay £42/month for contents, buildings and annual travel cover. That's over 11 months too I think. So for contents only, I imagine would be much cheaper. They paid out for a holiday we cancelled when we didn't have doctors note and for daughters hospital visit ((500 euros:eek: ) in Spain and our premiums' hardly gone up.

They also cover accidental on soft furnishings which many don't for CM's and don't restrict number of children.

Cammie Doodle
29-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I have been with same company for years and had no probs, they have been taken over by AVIVA and my new quote is for £852 :eek: and they have taken the accidental damage off the policy:angry: I have ask them why ? Reply "thats how much it is this year" :rolleyes: . I have gone with homeminder and it is £131 inc accidental damage :) . I rang Aviva to cancel and they had the cheek to say when is your car insurance due? We can give you a quote :censored: They have no chance :p

FussyElmo
29-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I have been with same company for years and had no probs, they have been taken over by AVIVA and my new quote is for £852 :eek: and they have taken the accidental damage off the policy:angry: I have ask them why ? Reply "thats how much it is this year" :rolleyes: . I have gone with homeminder and it is £131 inc accidental damage :) . I rang Aviva to cancel and they had the cheek to say when is your car insurance due? We can give you a quote :censored: They have no chance :p

Dont talk to me about Aviva they are terrible - we are underwritten by them and there service is rubbish. They wouldnt talk to me and then told who was I was insured by that they would talk to me when they contacted me but they never did. It took me going through to 13 different people just to get the right department. I also had to threaten going to the press and finanical ombusman before they decided to move on with the claim.