PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me plz. re.. contract hours

mammumof4
28-12-2009, 06:39 PM
ok, i have a new starter due in the new yr.mum is coming tomorrow to sign but she is unsure what hours she will need me. in the first few weeks it could only be a fw hourrs a day but then may lead to 12 hr days. how do i contract this? :eek:

beccas
28-12-2009, 06:51 PM
i would charge her when you have the child and out on contract when and as needed and when you get proper hours just alter contract and get her to sign again. hth

miss muffit
28-12-2009, 07:07 PM
That what i would do hours: when and as needed :)

mammumof4
28-12-2009, 07:18 PM
sorry for being thick, just to make sure i understand you :idea: so i would write on the contract "when needed" under the hours section? (NCMA by the way

Chatterbox Childcare
28-12-2009, 07:28 PM
No don't put as needed as you will miss out

Ask the parent what they want - i.e. hours Monday, Tuesday etc.. This is what she will be contracted to pay for and additional hours can be billed until the she decides exactly what she wants and then you do a new contract.

caz3007
28-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I have done a contract recently and put as needed. At the moment I am not looking after the little boy as mum lost her job, she is keeping me informed and if I can take him back when she finds another, I will do so. But am going to change the contract to a minimum amount of hours as the hours started good for a few weeks and then declined each week.

She has an interview tomorrow, so hoping he may be back soon

beccas
28-12-2009, 08:02 PM
i would put what hours she has now in the extra info bit under hour section then when she gives you regular hours put them in top bit and get her to sign and date next to them.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I have done a contract recently and put as needed. At the moment I am not looking after the little boy as mum lost her job, she is keeping me informed and if I can take him back when she finds another, I will do so. But am going to change the contract to a minimum amount of hours as the hours started good for a few weeks and then declined each week.

She has an interview tomorrow, so hoping he may be back soon

Make sure your old contract is terminated or she could still hold you to it