PDA

View Full Version : What to do this week???

nikkia77
28-12-2009, 08:12 AM
any ideas welcome

madredann
28-12-2009, 08:28 AM
I am having a rest until Wednesday then I am catching up on my expenses/tax returns, giving my playroom a really good sort out and clean then catching up on assessments and paperwork. At the week-end I will be planning for the start of the following week and getting my resources ready for that. In between I am doing housework and looking after my own 2 children and trying to give them some undivided attention.Maybe squeezing a rest in somewhere lol

nikkia77
28-12-2009, 09:22 AM
lol, i ment with mindee!!!

hes 7 same as my son, they both got ds's, currently playing on the wii, have printed out some new year colouring/activity pages but at the risk of sounding silly i don't feel like i'm earning my money iyswim

Tink
28-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm doing my Winter planning, does anyone else have any ideas for each area to give me some ideas?

madredann
28-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry lol. I am not working this week. I would take them for a walk collect some bits and pieces make a collage and throw glitter on it to look like frost. If he is having a nice time with your son I wouldn't worry too much it is his school holiday.
Julie

beccas
28-12-2009, 09:34 AM
dont worry if mum wanted you to keep him busy all day she wouldnt have let him fetch ds, let them play and also get different games out for them to do etc, see if they want to go out but let him lead the play.

madredann
28-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm doing my Winter planning, does anyone else have any ideas for each area to give me some ideas?

You could do bird feeders make them with seeds and fat etc put it in yoghurt pot dont forget to put string in top and put in fridge and when cool hang in tree

look at the clothes we wear in winter compared with summer

make some cards with numbered snowmen on so they can order them
a good website I use is sparklebox.co.uk they have winter play dough mats and ordering pictures etc I love using it for displays etc
hope that helps a bit
Julie

caz3007
28-12-2009, 09:41 AM
My older ones often bring their DS's in the holidays and their mums always tell me they have them, so they dont get bored. To be honest they are usually happy to watch tv, perhaps do a bit of crafting or drawing. I had some of the older ones for a long day before xmas and we went to feed the ducks

sarah707
28-12-2009, 10:32 AM
A great group of activities for after Christmas is to explore Kwanzaa - it's all about African heritage and culture.

It's a very warm theme after all the snow and ice :D

angeldelight
28-12-2009, 10:33 AM
any ideas welcome

Yes have a rest :laughing:

If you are working then let the children chill out and dont worry about activities etc

Its the christmas holidays so still have fun

Angel xx

beccas
28-12-2009, 12:22 PM
A great group of activities for after Christmas is to explore Kwanzaa - it's all about African heritage and culture.

It's a very warm theme after all the snow and ice :D

i am doing this starting tomorrow with mine heres a link for some activity ideas
http://holidays.kaboose.com/kwanzaa/

Daisy1956
30-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm having some time off so I'm catching up on paperwork I must be mad.