PDA

View Full Version : How sad am I..

madredann
26-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Boxing day and worrying about work.
I had a variation refused(previous thread variation and numbers)asking permission to be allowed 1 over numbers (child A).
I have
2 of my own children 2 years(supposed to starting nursery after christmas) and 4 years 3 months (attends full time nursery)
1 child aged 2 cared for every day except Weds and Friday afternoon
1child(sister of above)only attends my setting 7.30am-7.45am and 3.30pm-5.30pm around nursery except Weds and friday after nursery.
Child A needs to attend every day 8.30-3.15 grandma was supposed to help look after him but before he started here she broke her wrist and is physically unable to care for him, it is taking a long time for wrist to heal.
I forgot to tell Ofsted that child A already attends on a Wednesday.
Would they look at it this as continuation of care. I never thought of it from that point of view.

beccas
26-12-2009, 02:37 PM
prob just tell them they can only say no

Pauline
26-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Like Beccas says they can only say no, you could explain how difficult it will be for the parents. Will it only be a temporary arrangement until grandma is better? if so you could add that, it might make them change their mind.

:)

madredann
26-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Thank you for your replies, I have drafted a letter of appeal putting my case forward Im not too hopeful though but will let you know
Julie

TheBTeam
26-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I had a text from a parent on christmas day, and it wasn't to wish us a nice day or to thank us for the present we got both her children even though we have looked after one of them for 6 weeks.

madredann
26-12-2009, 06:02 PM
What was the text about?
My husband took a present to one of my mindees houses his dad answered the door my husband started to speak the dads mobile phone rang he answered it How rude, my husband just walked away I cant believe that people can be so thoughtless after he had gone out of his way, the trouble is if we weren't kind helpful thoughtful caring people we wouldn't be able to do the job we do.

TheBTeam
26-12-2009, 06:10 PM
to tell me about her new phone!

madredann
26-12-2009, 06:35 PM
That made me chuckle but is so typical of some parents I cant believe she didnt thank you for gifts whilst using her new phone lol.:laughing:

TheBTeam
27-12-2009, 08:18 PM
That made me chuckle but is so typical of some parents I cant believe she didnt thank you for gifts whilst using her new phone lol.:laughing:

Lucky I wasn't surprised!:laughing: