PDA

View Full Version : notice of intention to refuse a variation

madredann
24-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I have received my letter which refuses my variation request. To recap I have 2 of my own children 1 of 2 years 8 months who is at home with me during the day but starts nursery full-time after christmas and my other is 4 years 3 months and has been attending full-time nursery since September. I care for 1 child of 2 years and her sister who attends nursery with my daughter so is only here 7.30-8.00am and 3.30-5.30 (this child attended in the day up until september for which I had a variation) I had asked to care for another child aged 1 year 2 months. I made a mistake and thought I could care for 3 under 5's at any one time and have been looking after this child since september. I applied for a variation for my areas used and thought I would check that I could care for this child at the same time.
Now the question is am I honest with them on my letter of appeal and admit my mistake and try to get continuation of care or will I get into serious trouble for having been over my numbers. My thoughts are at the end of the day it is not worth getting into trouble for one child. Should I just leave it..... any advice please:panic:

beccas
24-12-2009, 01:20 PM
i would leave it you could cause a right uproar as you have breached your cert,,,, but it up to you

Hebs
24-12-2009, 01:25 PM
i would leave it you could cause a right uproar as you have breached your cert,,,, but it up to you

you wont be insured if your working against your cert, i'm sorry but if ofsted have said no you have to terminate

beccas
24-12-2009, 01:28 PM
you wont be insured if your working against your cert, i'm sorry but if ofsted have said no you have to terminate

i meant not tell ofsted you have had child already, so advise mum can no longer have child.... sorry if not made myself clear

Hebs
24-12-2009, 01:34 PM
i meant not tell ofsted you have had child already, so advise mum can no longer have child.... sorry if not made myself clear

nor would i tell Ofsted :panic: they'd go NUTS :eek:

madredann
24-12-2009, 03:19 PM
thank you I appreciate your advice I thought it might be bad if I told them. it was a genuine mistake but glad I know now I will tell the mum after christmas
Once again thank you all
;)