PDA

View Full Version : accredited childminders

bec123
23-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi

I've completed my NVQ Level 3 and have been advised that I can become an accredited childminder now. I've also contacted my local network lady about joining the local network. Obviously there are pros and cons to both. Please can anyone shed any light on whats involved in becoming accredited? I've got an appt with her in the new year.

Thanks in advance
Bec x

venus89
23-12-2009, 01:32 PM
An awful lot more work! More paperwork, more courses, having your coordinator round every month or so to give you even more paperwork :laughing: On the plus side, I like having the extra help and support and having access to more courses - I think it makes me a better minder, more motivated, and makes me feel more professional.....

sdean
23-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree totally with that! I feel that it is worth it to get access to extra training. I also feel that you are offering as much as you possibly can as a childminder. I didn't think the paper work was too hard. There are a few forms to complete but it is mainly documenting what you do in your daily work.
:)

jumpinjen
23-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I can't become accredited as my early years team are disbanding their network and pulling out of the accreditations scheme and I'm gutted as i really wanted to do it. Due to the locations of the children I mind, I could lose both of them if I cannot be acredited within the next 18 months!

Go for it, you can but try!!

jenni:)

bec123
23-12-2009, 08:03 PM
thanks for the info. I was warned there would be more paperwork. Only problem is that I'm expecting a baby next summer - do you think i would be taking too much on??