PDA

View Full Version : A COMPLETE BREAK FROM CHILDMINDING?

angeldelight
23-12-2009, 10:53 AM
So some of us are on holiday now - some of you soon :clapping: :clapping:

So do you intend to forget about childminding during your holiday ?

Or will you be catching up with paper work or sorting other things out to do with childminding?

When you think that most people who are on holiday from their job they just leave all the worries and stress there in the place that they work and go back to it after the holiday

With us though its always THERE ...

You know that big pile on your desk shouting out to be sorted

Or folders of work that you are behind with

Sooooooooooo

What will you be doing?

Angel xx

Mollymop
23-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I am forgetting about it for the 2 weeks, but then I am on here so i can't be forgetting about it totally! ha:laughing:

Anyway, i am not doing any paperwork and I have got some to catch up on, and all the toys are packed away, but my display is still up as caitlin wanted to put some of her pictures on it the other day, so didn't have the heart.

angeldelight
23-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I am forgetting about it for the 2 weeks, but then I am on here so i can't be forgetting about it totally! ha:laughing:

Anyway, i am not doing any paperwork and I have got some to catch up on, and all the toys are packed away, but my display is still up as caitlin wanted to put some of her pictures on it the other day, so didn't have the heart.

I am going to TRY to forget about it

I have that huge pile and I am way behind

I need a break though

Only hope I stick to it :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

beccas
23-12-2009, 10:58 AM
i am off thurs fri sat sun mon and i am doing nothing that relates to childminding.

TheBTeam
23-12-2009, 10:59 AM
My plan is to forget it but in reality the last lot of obs really do need doing, so maybe i will do them, and we have a few face changes and the knock on effect of changing the whose in/out sheet etc!

caz3007
23-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I have just popped a huge amount of filing and sorting into my folder, then its gone on top of the bookshelf as in the process of clearing my desk. I plan on sorting it all out next week as hubby is back to work on Tuesday for a couple of days, then its all sorted ready to start the New Year.

LittleMissSparkles
23-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I am going to promise myself NOT to do anything to do with childminding till th 5th January ( other than the forum ) xxx

Lily Grace
23-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I have taken down all my posters so yes I am having a complete break and I am not doing any paperwork!!

suzyblue
23-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Im going to try and forget about work but I do have my open university Early Years assignment to work on.........:panic:

Joannechildmind
23-12-2009, 11:24 AM
i am doing nothing childminding related at all until 5th January :clapping:

Gherkin
23-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm at my mum and dad's from tomorrow until Monday but i will potter on planning etc when I get home. The desk is buckling under the weight of the in tray at the moment!.

sarah707
23-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I am doing as much as possible today... photos uploaded for printing... learning journeys done... end of year reports written... end of month paperwork sorted and filed...

Heaps done and heaps more to do this afternoon...

That way I can have a proper break...

And get on with some of my coursework :rolleyes: :D

Daddy Day Care
23-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Im doing notihng childminding relsted all over christmas :clapping: :clapping: trouble is ill still probably be doing nothing next christmas either :(

haribo
23-12-2009, 12:33 PM
im forgetting it completely to the extent ive hidden my paperwork so cant see it .. plenty of time to catch up next year its time for my family now:clapping:

loocyloo
23-12-2009, 01:04 PM
in theory i am doing nothing from the end of today until 4th jan ...

the mindees are currently watching james and the giant peach, then we have some fairy cakes to ice/reindeer dust to make and then we are tidying the playroom away! and then using it as a store for odds and ends !!!

however ... due to a difficult term for several reasons, although i have done the obs etc, i have yet to put them into the childrens files! i'm more or less on top of other paperwork, oh, just remembered i need to to do an amendment to a mindees contract, was going to give mum a copy to look over before signing in new year, but i just know she'll find something to niggle over, so i'll wait till after christmas !!!

happy christmas everyone xxx

sweets
23-12-2009, 01:08 PM
i have got a bit of paperwork to do and decembers accounts but am debating wether or not to do it this aft when mindees have gone home and get it over with, or wait till one day next week and spend more time on it. i know if i do it this aft its done then for the hols but i also know i will rush it thinking oh that will do!

its prob only an hour or so work.

oh decisions decisions:panic: :panic:

:laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
23-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I have learning obs to write up, accounts from since september to finish :blush: and paperwork for 3 new mindees to sort.

Not looking at it till Monday - I know it's bank hol but I have the day to myself, extended family will have left by then then and should get it all straight. My fault, should have kept up on it - new year resolution AGAIN!!

Then I have open house on Tues so back to the eating drinking and being merry.

emler
23-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Childminding????? What's that again??? :laughing: :laughing:

carebear25
23-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Im doin nothin until next week, my dp has 2 work so Im goin 2 send my ds 2 my mums overnite I think an get up2 date b4 startin again in Jan. Need to get contract signed for new mindee but as she lives next door that wont b a problem.

When mindee gets picked up 2day al excess toys bein tidied away, childs table an chairs goin in garage with highchair al seats out of car put away an gonna try an make house look like a family home for a few days :clapping: :clapping:

Thats the plan anyway....................

singingcactus
23-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't have any paper work to catch up on. I updated my policies last week so need to print them off and I need to order some photos for scrap books, but nothing pressing or time consuming.
My first weeks planning is in place for Jan - and I will plan the following week during the first week as usual. I write up obs as they happen or at sign out - I only do one or two sentences for any general obs so they only take 30 secs, linking to eyfs I do as things occur so that also only takes seconds.
You're all getting me worried now - am I missing something cos I don't have any backlog of paperwork - there must be something I am not doing I think. I write up my assessments whilst the child involved is in the setting cos I find it easier to be able to see the child. :panic:

little_gems
23-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm planning on just having some family time it starts at 6.00 tonight and i cant wait:) :)

miffy
23-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I've already had a week off and thought I'd use that to get my paperwork up to date but I've been so poorly I haven't touched any of it. Too late now, so just packing it all up and leaving it.

I want to enjoy Christmas with my family

Miffy xx

lou lou
23-12-2009, 02:20 PM
i am the same as you miffy i have no paper work to catch up on just some policies i have got to up date i was just thinking the same am i not doing something right maybe i need to be doing more

Zoomie
23-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I only have 9m of accounts to do this holiday :blush:

How long do you reckon it will take me ?

I did get myself some books to read yesterday. I haven't had the luxury of reading a novel for almost a year (cos when I start reading, I don't stop till the book is done, not even for sleep) :)

lou lou
23-12-2009, 02:28 PM
i think everybody should just have a rest and start again in the new year as it will soon come!!! everyone have a great christmas and happy childminding in the new year

breezy
23-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Got some catching up to do, but wont be doing it just yet, just gonna see how things go as my family miss me :laughing:

manjay
23-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Childminding work completely packed away for me:thumbsup: but I do have 2 uni assignments to work on:rolleyes: . I have my lovely hubby home for 4 days so won't be doing much other than eating drinking and being merry!!!

jumpinjen
23-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I have madde some changes to my systems recently so will be making sure they are hunky dory ready for the New Year, I've got a few bits n bobs to put together for Jan's planning and four obs to write up, and photos to order then I'm done, will prob do tomorrow afternoon whilst DH takes DD's on a park crawl!!

Jenni:)

charleyfarley
23-12-2009, 07:10 PM
My piles of paperwork have been banished from the dining room to a box in the storeroom:D

I do intend to try and get it all up to date but whether it happens is a different story after all it is my time off. Perhaps I'll put one day aside for it.

Carol xx

daisyboo1980
23-12-2009, 08:16 PM
all traces of children have been wiped clean from house and car
just me and the bf stuff happiness
forgeting all abt it until the 30th back for 1 day then off again yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ripeberry
23-12-2009, 08:26 PM
I need to reprint all my policies as they are all due their reviews, so will just put at the bottom 'Reviewed Dec 09, Next review Jan 2011', Then that's it done.
Also need to make up a couple of parent packs, just in case business picks up in the New Year.
Also got to try and start my SEF as I'm way overdue for the grading inspection as I got my certificate 15th Jan 09, so knowing my luck they will ring me next week and come on my first working day which would be 5th Jan ! :eek:

ORKSIE
23-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I am off now till the 4th:clapping: :clapping: End of:thumbsup:

Pauline
24-12-2009, 10:10 AM
No I'm doing nothing childminding related at all.

Except perhaps the Forum.... or perhaps I should shut for two weeks?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

haribo
24-12-2009, 11:32 AM
noooo theres no need to go that far :panic: :panic: haha merry xmas pauline xxx

Joannechildmind
24-12-2009, 11:37 AM
No I'm doing nothing childminding related at all.

Except perhaps the Forum.... or perhaps I should shut for two weeks?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:panic: nooo please dont shut :eek: what would we do without the forum over christmas

buildingblocks
24-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I am always trying to catch up on paperwork so nothing Christmas Day and Boxing Day (unless hubby winds me up then Boxing Day is exempt lol) but after that I am spending every morning doing paperwork and then in the afternoon we are playing on the Wii as we never seem to use it unless we have a week off and then TV in the evenings.

sonia ann
24-12-2009, 07:14 PM

I'll tell you when I've done mine:blush: :blush:

helenlc
24-12-2009, 07:35 PM

I took about 3 hours to do 6 months worth the other week!!!:eek:

I am off until 4th Jan and am going to put all car seats, buggys etc in the loft.

But I am way behind on paper work so am going to do little bits here and there to catch up before I start back.

Angela234
27-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I have this week off i will only allow myself to do childminding things (paperwork) on one of those days

Tuesday i'm going shopping

aly
27-12-2009, 10:34 PM
I am having a complete break...apart from 1 thing...I have been sent the SEF form which has to be sent back by 31st dec:eek:

but apart from that complete break.

janminder
28-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I have paperwork to do and am going to start tomorrow, updating some policies, childrens folders are a bit behind photos to put in and notes to copy up, planning to do for January. May even start my 2009/10 accounts.

It never ends, and is just on my mind if I don't get it done.

angeldelight
28-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I am doing really well and have not done anything that is related to childminding at all

Apart from being here of course

:laughing:

Angel xx

ORKSIE
28-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I am not back till the 4th...So I am having nothing to do with it.....apart from popping on here, to see what you lot are up to, cant help but have a looksee :laughing: :laughing:

Desi-101
28-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Not had my mindee since beg December but am constantly looking for ways to improve. I.e. addicted to this web site!!! and need to update my risk assessments! have until the 7th to do it, and as I am quite pedantic it will take ages!! :)

julie w
29-12-2009, 01:37 AM
I feel free as I have taken my baby gates down. but to be honest I have loads of paperwork to do. but with no children here I can do it with a drink in hand so it doesnt seem so bad. Then I keep logging on to here to see what you're all doing. again with tia maria in hand. but NO children.xxx.:D

Winnie
29-12-2009, 08:44 AM
done- obs, photo's onto disks and accounts- took about 7 hrs

to do- term reports, planning for jan, laminating, clean toys

I have until 5th Jan before the children are back, i bet the parents ask me if i had a nice break :rolleyes: