PDA

View Full Version : Adive needed on the a few policies...

applesmum
07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi All

Very nearly finished my polices...YIPPEE :clapping:

but need advice on what to put in the following...
exclusion
closure
Disability Policy including Inclusion Awareness statement

I've found some really useful info on internet about the other policies but struggling with these last few.

Nearly there with the registration process - all is fine and just waiting for CRB - just hope it isn't too long a wait as I have quite a few enquiries that want to meet!!

Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

x

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Did you check the Bromley site ?

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Good luck

Angel xx

sarah707
07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi All

Very nearly finished my polices...YIPPEE :clapping:

but need advice on what to put in the following...
exclusion

What would you exclude children for... sickness get info from here -

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/schools/schools_guidelines_2006.pdf

What's your worst acceptable behaviour? What about things that aren't covered on the infections list like nits? etc

closure

Why might you want to close? Make a list, including but not exclusive to - water off / flood, gas leak, flu pandemic, Ofsted telling you to, allegation of abuse against you or member of your family... those sorts of things

Disability Policy including Inclusion Awareness statement

This is a biggie! There's a good one on Bromley and I think there's another on www.************* in their policy downloads - think about how you would handle a request from a parent who couldn't speak your langauge / a child in a wheelchair - can they get in the loo? A child with a hearing impairment? A child with ADHD... etc. I would read up on what the EYFS says about inclusion as well - Principles into Practice card 1.2

x

Hope this helps! :D

deeb66
08-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Good advice already given

Good luck with all the paperwork :thumbsup: