View Full Version : Advice needed

23-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Hello all,

just want to get your advice, i have had a old parent come back to me and ask if i could care again for her daughter who is 4 but in full time school as she has split up with her parnter and there isnt any other childminders local with space, i only have space on a tue and thurs. do you think its worth ringing ofsted to ask as she needs care when the kids go back.
My children
15 months
4 years in full time school

Children i have
7 month
3 years
4 years full time school (only mon, wed, fri)
6 years full time school
9 years



Chatterbox Childcare
23-12-2009, 09:43 AM
They won't allow you to go over 6 under 8 unless you have an assistant.

Do any of your under 5's go home at school time?

I would ring and ask on the basis that you have this mindee on a tues and thurs and now the parent has asked for a full week. They may be able to do something on a continuity of care basis

You never know with Ofsted so give it a go

23-12-2009, 10:20 AM
i would ring and ask and beg and plead make sure you stress you cared for her before no other childcare in her area and single parent, continuity of care etc....

23-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I was told under no cicumstances would they ever allow you to go over your numbers and that a variation still had to be within those numbers x

23-12-2009, 10:52 AM
i will ring just for the reason i want to help the parent as i no she is having a hard time at the moment and one less thing to worry about at this time of year would really help.


23-12-2009, 12:01 PM
i work with another childminder and have just been granted a variation for 7 under 5's a few hours each week where my hours clash, it was so i could take on a sibling so its worth a try x