PDA

View Full Version : I did it right and showed hubby

Chatterbox Childcare
23-12-2009, 09:01 AM
A lot of childminders I speak to say that their OH does not appreciate or understand what we do, mine included sometimes, although he is getting used to the mess and disorganisation of the house after 15 years.

Today I got a present and card from my 2 year old mindee with some great words which I showed hubby and got a "hugh" and "that is really good".

The card read:

J and I just wanted to express our sincere thanks for all your support this year. A is turning out to be a fun loving little boy and we are very proud of him, which is largely thanks to your efforts! Have a fantastic festive season.

with much gratitude
J & C

ajs
23-12-2009, 09:04 AM
that is really lovley Debbie and i am glad the parents appreciate the hard work you do even if hubby doesn't

RedDragon
23-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Now that really is a badge of honour - hope you feel really proud of yourself.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

This job can be very hard indeed (and usually not the children-it's other things that make the job difficult I think).

beccas
23-12-2009, 10:22 AM
well done you sit up and be proud of what you and the rest of us do...:clapping: :clapping:

ORKSIE
23-12-2009, 10:26 AM
That is so nice.:clapping:

I got a card from a mum this morning, saying lovely things, bought a lump to my throat.

Its nice to be appreciated isnt it.:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
23-12-2009, 10:35 AM
That's lovely. Luckily my mindees parents have all been great and very appreciative.

I keep cards alonside my references from parents and notes from the children too - one child wrote me a reference when she left, asked her mum if she could - I had had her for 8 years part time.

DH, when he sees children being difficult with parents when we are out shopping etc, always says - 'how many days with you to sort them out?' He thinks I can tame animals and get respect and good behaviour from any child - such confidence in me (probably more than I have myself sometime!)

TheBTeam
23-12-2009, 11:06 AM
My dh does the job with me and yet between him and my ds I get to the point of really wanting to quit at least once a week. If i had the guts and got my way I should have finished last friday, but dh ripped up my letters!

Tatjana
23-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Aww that is really lovely! :)

I'm glad i read this thread, i thought it was only my dh that thought cm was easy peasy!:rolleyes:

xx

miffy
23-12-2009, 02:13 PM
That's really nice Debbie - lovely when parents appreciate what you do

Miffy xx

breezy
23-12-2009, 06:01 PM
thats lovely :thumbsup:

sarah707
23-12-2009, 06:27 PM
It's good when you get such positive feedback :thumbsup:

The Juggler
23-12-2009, 07:14 PM
That is so nice.:clapping:

I got a card from a mum this morning, saying lovely things, bought a lump to my throat.

Its nice to be appreciated isnt it.:thumbsup:

It is so nice, I was nearly in tears yesterday at reading one of my cards, it was sooo lovely:blush:

jelly15
23-12-2009, 08:17 PM
How lovely Debbie you must be delighted to be so appriciated.

Annie_T
24-12-2009, 11:34 PM
aww thats sweet.

my fella hates babies but copes when he is here, he talks to the youngest (7mths) and makes faces etc she giggles away or stick tongue out at him (not sure what tongue is about lol as she does this quite bit even when in buggy)

my fella hardly ever intrested in what ive doe in day tbh but it nice when they do show something

ajs
25-12-2009, 05:38 PM
That's lovely. Luckily my mindees parents have all been great and very appreciative.

I keep cards alonside my references from parents and notes from the children too - one child wrote me a reference when she left, asked her mum if she could - I had had her for 8 years part time.

DH, when he sees children being difficult with parents when we are out shopping etc, always says - 'how many days with you to sort them out?' He thinks I can tame animals and get respect and good behaviour from any child - such confidence in me (probably more than I have myself sometime!)

my hubby says exactly the same.

Desi-101
25-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm lucky my dh is understanding he thinks I have the hardest job in the world just bringing up our son, says he has the easy job by being able to go to work, come home and thats that mines 24/7!!

Nice though to see you have lovely feedback and you being so appreciated, it makes it all so worth it in the end. :clapping: