PDA

View Full Version : do you receive presents from parents?

greanan
22-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Just wondering if any of you got any presents from your mindees?

I have been minding a 2 and 3 year old brother and sister for the last 7 months, thats me finished for xmas today and i have just received a bag full of things.

I opened it and there was a diesel bag, perfume and necklace and earings set! was totally shocked as it has obviously cost her a fortune! :blush:

I bought the lo's a bath set of animals and cars each that stick to the side of the wall tiles and a book each. Only spent about £13 on each of them, and hers has come to around £90!!!!!.

what would you do? was thinking of getting them an extra thing each and telling mum they hadnt arrived yet so will get them to them after the hols?? :blush: :blush:

Andrea08
22-12-2009, 09:43 PM
wow thats gr8, i sometimes get gifts,
this yr i got one box of chocs and empty promises

who knows next yr could be better xxxxx

Blackhorse
22-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I got lovely gifts today and so has my dd..although her's isnt opened yet as it was wrapped

mine was a georgeous tower (and it is big) of treats for christmas..

I bought mindees presents at about £15 each..so that adds up to

remember parents have only you to buy for...and it is their way of saying thank you and appreciating the care you provide for their children!!

You will have deserved it and I dont think you need to buy them something back...there are occasions where you are ''only'' on the receiving end of presents and you dont have to return the favour and I think this is one..

it's like if you tip your postman...you wont expect him to give you a present either and I think parents feel the same about cms...but maybe that's just me

Dragonfly
22-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Thats really nice to get a lovely present, but I think you have brought your mindees enough and wouldnt get them more.Its not the cost but the thought for me.

sue m
22-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I've only had my lo since September and got a big box of Thornton's chocolates and a lovely winter flower arrangement. I didn't expect it.

greanan
22-12-2009, 09:51 PM
i thought i had bought mindees enough so was totally shocked to receive all their presents! mum has been really good with helping me get set up etc as ive been taking lo's for few months b4 registered. still feel guilty tho as now it looks like ive spent nothing on them :(

little_gems
22-12-2009, 09:52 PM
we got one box of chocolates off one. And a bag of pressnents off a mindee who left in the summer (they were moving house). Not even a card or a merry christmas off most of them.
I never expect anyting more!!!

sonia ann
23-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Just wondering if any of you got any presents from your mindees?

I have been minding a 2 and 3 year old brother and sister for the last 7 months, thats me finished for xmas today and i have just received a bag full of things.

I opened it and there was a diesel bag, perfume and necklace and earings set! was totally shocked as it has obviously cost her a fortune! :blush:

I bought the lo's a bath set of animals and cars each that stick to the side of the wall tiles and a book each. Only spent about £13 on each of them, and hers has come to around £90!!!!!.

what would you do? was thinking of getting them an extra thing each and telling mum they hadnt arrived yet so will get them to them after the hols?? :blush: :blush:

I think that is lovely and they obviously appreciate you so accept the gift for what it is and dont worry:)
I only spend £5-£6 on my mindees and usually manage to do the three for two offers:blush: ...mind you I have 17 to buy for....so I think you have been generous anyway

Mollymop
23-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Wow!! Lucky you, they must really like you:) :D

Last year I received nowt, not even a card from some, but this year I have gotten presents from them all apart from one (she never even got me a card last year either). They are tins of biscuits and sweets, etc. x

FOrgot to add - I only spend about £5 on each mindee and don't get anything for the parents. I think spending £13 on each mindee is a lot so don't feel bad that she has spent loads on oyu, it was her choice:thumbsup:

xx

Gizmo
23-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I got a bottle of wine and they brought a pressie for my kids as well from one.
Havent even been paid yet by the other ones parents so I dont think I will get wished a happy xmas from them

amirose
23-12-2009, 07:55 AM
So far I have had a small box of celebrations from one parent (still wrapped but bit obvious what it is ha ha) and another rather large present which I have no idea what it is from another. One of the kids told me yesterday her and her brother has something to bring me tomorrow. I only have 2 other sets of parents I will actualy see before Christmas but I am not expecting anything :)
So 2/6 so far :) I bought all of the kids presents, even the ones that don't celebrate Christmas :thumbsup:

sarah707
23-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I have 7 sets of parents.

1 set have bought me a bottle, another a small box of chocs and another a big box I haven't opened yet.

I've got cards from all of them this year as well which is a record! :D

I normally spend about £5 to £7 on the children.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-12-2009, 08:58 AM
The presents you have received reflect how the parents feel about the care that you provide and it is not how much they spend/you spend.

I wouldn't get anything else for the little ones.

Well done as your parents are obviously really happy with you

ajs
23-12-2009, 08:59 AM
i think that's lovley and you have done enough, if money is not a problem for her and she wants to spend it on you that's fab but you don't have to match what she spends on you on her child.

every year i get a beautiful table arrangement from my longest mindee plus a present. the flowers were delivered yesterday and she's birnging the present round later( to get some idea of what they spend in the past she has bought me a spa day at centre parks, a massage at the local chiro centre, last year she bought me a joules sweatshirt, delivered directly from joules with the price on, £49 )

so i wouldn't worry, she is obvioulsy happy with the care you give her child and wants to show it

Hebs
23-12-2009, 09:06 AM
i got a card off one, gifts of the mum who praises me up something chronic but strict instructions not to open until christmas day, and nowt off another

:thumbsup:

twiggy
23-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I have received presents from most of my parents. The two sets of parents who I go out of my way to help got me nothing which I find really hurtful. I bought all the children presents and even got the siblings who I don't mind a selection box each.

I work for social services and even received gifts from the family I work with despite them having no money which I thought was really kind.

I know you should not buy to receive but I feel really unappreciated by the parents who got me nothing especially as I often mind over their contracted times without charging them extra. How things will change next year!

Joannechildmind
23-12-2009, 11:28 AM
i got a present off two of my mindies (brothers) and so did my dd. Other parents (brother and sister) have avoided me this week and same happened last year no card, and no thankyou either.

New mindie only started last week and i didnt get a card didnt expect it tho but a thankyou might of been of nice though.

mama2three
23-12-2009, 12:06 PM
one family bought me a present , not opened yet but im guessing a box of chocs. the other didnt buy for me but did buy ds a present ( dont know what though!)
The nicest thing was a mum telling me how much her lo would miss me over xmas. im easily pleased!!

greanan
23-12-2009, 05:05 PM
The nicest thing was a mum telling me how much her lo would miss me over xmas. im easily pleased!![/QUOTE]

awww... thats lovely, its lovely to hear the parents ay that as you feel appriciated for all the work :)

janminder
23-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I have pressies from all my parents, they remain unopened and I can't be tempted as I have sent them over to my daughter's where I am staying for xmas. My husband, two daughters and two grandsons have a couple too.

amanda1309
23-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I got something off all of my mindees and so did my dd.

We even got something of my new mindee who started in nov and they bought for all the other mindees in setting and my dd. I thought that was really nice as only been here a couple of weeks.

Don't know what any of the gifts are but i keep having a squeeze every time i pass the tree.:blush:

ORKSIE
23-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I have had a pressie off all of my Mindees.
One parent gave me a card that put a lump in my throat, saying how much K thinks of me.
I feel very humble.

I love my Mindees, its nice to get feedback:clapping: :clapping:

Chimps Childminding
23-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I have 6 sets of parents and have received gifts off 3 of them! One an orchid, one a box of roses (not wrapped so I didn't cheat :laughing: ) and the other I don't know what it is, it is in a gift bag. They also sent a tin of sweets for dh and my sons and a pressie for June next door! :thumbsup:

We also spend approx £5 per child, but tend to get things during the sales throughout the year, so although we only spend £5 they do get more expensive presents!

polly0
23-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I got presents off two of my parents, the third one came today and asked if I could have all three of her children, I only look after one of them full time the other two are before and after school, not normally school holidays. Did'nt pick them up til gone 5 and told me she had some chocolate for me but had forgotten to bring them.:rolleyes:

When i think about all the favours that I do for my parents and the little things that I don't charge for it does make you feel really unappreciated.

This parent is forever telling me how wonderful I am and she would'nt know what to do if it was'nt for me:p

nikkia77
24-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Mindee's mum gave me the biggest bow of milk tray & said

"this is just to say happy christmas & thanks for looking after him"

I was shocked as today is his 4th day of being here so I wasn't expecting a thing :blush:

Joannechildmind
24-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Mindee's mum gave me the biggest bow of milk tray & said

"this is just to say happy christmas & thanks for looking after him"

I was shocked as today is his 4th day of being here so I wasn't expecting a thing :blush:

awww thats so lovely merry christmas

charleyfarley
24-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Off one set of parents I got a present unopened along with presents for my two. They also overpaid me yesterday by £55 :eek: and I was told by dad to keep it :thumbsup:

Other parents gave me £50 meal voucher for a lovely place we eat at :clapping: They did the same last year too, that's why I opened it yesterday to see :blush:

Carol xx

georgie456
24-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I got a present from the parents of one of my mindees this morning. I'm keeping to open tomorrow, but suspect it's chocolates!!!

twiggy
24-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I got presents off two of my parents, the third one came today and asked if I could have all three of her children, I only look after one of them full time the other two are before and after school, not normally school holidays. Did'nt pick them up til gone 5 and told me she had some chocolate for me but had forgotten to bring them.:rolleyes:

When i think about all the favours that I do for my parents and the little things that I don't charge for it does make you feel really unappreciated.

This parent is forever telling me how wonderful I am and she would'nt know what to do if it was'nt for me:p

I know just how you feel. It's the parents I do all the favours for and don't charge that didn't bother getting me anything.

beccas
24-12-2009, 02:01 PM
me and the kids got pressys of all but one of my parents and the one i didnt get off are the ones i have had the longest, the ones who ring up 2 mins to pick up time to let me know they are late, pay late by cheque......you get my drift