PDA

View Full Version : I despair

Tatjana
22-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Mindee turned up full of cold, coughing and sneezing...after taking off her coat, then another jacket all she has on for a top is a t-shirt:eek: What goes on in these parents heads??? Yes, I have my heating on but it's winter and freezing, hardly t-shirt weather is it?!

They have put a bottle of Tixylix in her bag, of course no request to actually give it to her?!?!

xx

venus89
22-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Poor kid - I never will understand some people.....

beccas
22-12-2009, 06:51 PM
one of mine never has a coat and he is a schoolie and i walk every where, so he freezes i told them yesterday i was going in to the local town 10 min walk and thatthey would need a coat.. this morn turns up no coat, hat, gloves just a jumper................. good job i got spares and a child who is abit older than him with a spare coat.

mushpea
23-12-2009, 07:15 AM
one of mine never has a coat and he is a schoolie and i walk every where, so he freezes i told them yesterday i was going in to the local town 10 min walk and thatthey would need a coat.. this morn turns up no coat, hat, gloves just a jumper................. good job i got spares and a child who is abit older than him with a spare coat.

I used to keep spares for the mindees but now i dont as not only do i not have the space but i dont see why i should, if this boy didnt get to wear a spare coat at yours and he did get cold he would then probably moan about it to his parents who would then buy him a coat, as it is they dont need to casue they know you have spares.
last year i kept spare gloves for everynoe to use when it snowed this year i havent because they kept going 'missing' last year. this year i have spares for my kids and tell the parents to bring spares for their little ones which they dont so they've all ended up with freezing cold wet hands from playing in the snow. hopefully after christmas parents will remember more gloves.

charleyfarley
23-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Yep I have one like that. No matter what the weather he was sent in pumps, his little feet were getting soaked so I was drying his things when we got in. She did however start sending wellies when his pumps were still wet one time. As for a coat, she's just bought him a new one but it's so thin it can't keep him warm, I suppose it does have a hood though unlike his last one. Some parents just haven't got a clue how cold their los get on school runs. I have noticed though mom is always dressed warmly and she's in the car :rolleyes:

Carol xx

Tatjana
23-12-2009, 07:59 AM
I told mum at pick up that mindee was cold in just a t-shirt so I kept her jacket on which wasn't very practical for playing or meal times...she wasn't in the least bit bothered, *sigh*.

xx

Mollymop
23-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Poor little one.

I have a mindee who comes before school in just a summery style jacket (like a rain coat thing, no school jumper on just a t-shirt, no gloves, hat or scarf. He came like this last year- i gave him my son's old gloves to wear to school which he took home, mum must have taken the hint and bought him hat gloves, scarf. But back to square one again this year...

mrs c
23-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Some mums are car people and don't realise what is needed for 'being outdoors'. I also have a couple of mindees who turn up in t shirts and whereas I also have the heating on I still think a jumper/cardi is needed. I also used to have a supply of clothes but parents kept forgetting to return them and gradually it dwindled. I feel sorry for the poor little ones as their parents are always warmly dressed.

mama2three
23-12-2009, 08:52 AM
the mums i have now are quite good. but years ago i remember one little boy constantly turned up with too few clothes to playgroup. its a big village hall and could be a little draughty. despite constant reminders nothing changed. One day i put on a spare cardigan , a pink one , and he still had it on at collection time. mum went mad ( the lo didnt mind in the least!) ( and i fibbed it was the only spare we had to fit him and he was cold!) but it did the trick - he always came with the right clothes after that!

caz3007
23-12-2009, 09:00 AM
I had a mum turn up a while ago before this really cold spell wearing a wool coat and hat and her LO was wearing what I would call a cardi type jacket. We have to do the school run and at the 3pm one we are out for a long time. Luckily he is in the pushchair and I have lots of fleece blankets for wrapping.

Used to have a mum that never sent hats and stuff and didnt buy them a winter coat until November. I used to have spares, but dont do that now. Again she used to turn up all wrapped up and not a lot on the children....why do people think its ok. I used to work on the priniciple with mine that they wore what I was wearing plus an extra layer or two depending on the weather and if they were walking

Chatterbox Childcare
23-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Beware of the instructions as I thought some tixylix was now banned for under 6's.

23-12-2009, 09:25 AM
When our school closed due to snow I was asked to have one of my mindees for the day (normally just have after school). Anyway I said yes and told mum that we would be playing out in the snow for the majority of the morning and to make sure he had wellies, coat, warm clothing and spare clothes. She sent everything except for the wellies. Of course within 5 mins of being in the snow he had wet, cold feet. I felt so torn.....I knew I had to take him indoors but my own children wanted to experience the snow and I didn't see why they should miss out just because of the selfish actions of another parent.

RedDragon
23-12-2009, 09:38 AM
As this is a common thread with parents I reckon that when we have the first "interview" or meeting or whatever we should call it we should have a list of things that although are common sense we should write down on a piece of paper and hand over along with the contracts. Things that although may seem trivial do help us with the day to day smooth running in our Setting.

We could say that these things are needed depending on cicumstances (weather etc) and if parents do don't them/bring them then the CM will go on and on and on and maybe even ask the parent to bring the items to the CM Setting while the parent should be at work.

I might make a list up you know - starting of course with appropriate clothing - but I'm going to go into more detail and say that we walk everywhere so a thick coat and layers is needed, gloves etc etc.
:thumbsup:

Tatjana
23-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Beware of the instructions as I thought some tixylix was now banned for under 6's.

Didn't know that, thanks!

Not giving it to her anyway as they haven't said anything or filled in the paperwork.

xx