PDA

View Full Version : Presents from Parents

patevans
22-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I am so so :censored: off...ARGHHHHHH!!

Have been looking after D from age of 6 months is almost 3 and his younger bro for 6 months, turned up this morning - last session and not a single thing for Christmas from them hasnt even bothered to look at their bags of crafts that they have each done.

I AM FURIOUS AND :censored: OFF TO THE ABSOLUTE MAX!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

carebear25
22-12-2009, 02:43 PM
How rude. They cud of at least bought u a box of chocs a bunch of flowers maybe.

Sum parents need lessons on bin nice xx

sarah707
22-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I never expect anything.

That way I am not disappointed.

Hugs xx

jelly15
22-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I wasn't expecting anything either but out of 4 mindees I had presents from 2 of them and I know they pay me for my service but it really means a lot and I feel appriciated.

venus89
22-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I wasn't expecting anything either but out of 4 mindees I had presents from 2 of them and I know they pay me for my service but it really means a lot and I feel appriciated.

Snap. And one couldn't come in on hislast day because of the snow otherwise I'm sure Mum would have at least said happy christmas......

patevans
22-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I have never had anything from her but find it so so pants that I dont even get a merry xmas, I think its pure rudeness!!!

venus89
22-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I have never had anything from her but find it so so pants that I dont even get a merry xmas, I think its pure rudeness!!!

I have to admit I had one who didn't say 'merry christmas' and I did feel a little hurt. I suppose we put so much more emotion into the relationship than they need to invest.....

Tink
22-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I never expect anything but it doesn't cost the earth for a box of chocolates does it?

venus89
22-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Then I'm still feeling guilty I didn't get the dustmen anything!

jumpinjen
22-12-2009, 06:42 PM
This'll be my first Chrstmas minding and mymindees parent's first Christmas having a minder so have no clue whether will get anything or not.....don't really mind if not as they are lovely all year long so they have nothing to make up for!!!!!

jenni:)

hello kitty
22-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I have extremes with my parents, one has bought me a Yankee candle as I love them, one has give me and my children presents, another has bought me a box of 4, yep that's 4 chocs and others who have not even invested in a card never mind a "Merry Christmas" oh, and not forgetting the one who gave me notice too. :rolleyes:

Trying not to mind about the child who refused to say "Merry Christmas" or "Thank you" but with his birthday just around the corner, I think that was a big mistake on his part!!! ;)

buildingblocks
24-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I had my parent turn up today (last day before Christmas was last Thursday) with a box of chocolates.

Now I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I would prefer nothing rather than someone putting no thought into the present.

It is a box of Thornton's chocolates (admittedly an expensive box and twice the size of the one I received last year) but no thought has gone into it as a gift. As I say I must sound ungrateful but with reason. Parent knows I go to WW and have lost a stone with a heck of a lot more to go so not exactly a present I can enjoy (especially as I can't stand Thorntons chocs).

rachelle
24-12-2009, 08:10 PM
from one of my lot I got a "yep, see you monday" when I said have a good Christmas! :laughing: :rolleyes:

Didn't expect much more than that so it did make me laugh!

Tiger Lilly
24-12-2009, 09:40 PM
I didnt even get a card!!!! And i went out of my way be buy my mindees gifts i knew they would like!! Wont be putting myself out again.LOL..:mad:

Hebs
24-12-2009, 09:44 PM
i have 3 parents.......

one gave me a card

one a card and chocs (but thats cos we are related tho)

and another must have spent £100 on me and my kids :blush: (£70 of that was cash :eek: , she also got us gifts, even got my dog a gift and another mindee some chocs)

talk about extremes!!!!!!!!

zillervalley
24-12-2009, 09:52 PM
you all right we dont expect it , but not to wish you a merry christmas is not nice,

i got back in from my aunties this afternoon and dh hadnt heard the door, and there was a bag on the front step off an old mindee , with biscuit selection from bettys of york with my card,

others have even bought my dog a prezzie in the past.

ziller

LeanneC
28-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I didnt even get a card!!!! And i went out of my way be buy my mindees gifts i knew they would like!! Wont be putting myself out again.LOL..:mad:

Me too hun!! :mad:

Ive got a card off my new contract yet to start in Jan 2010 but my two mindees I have already have even had 2 lots of prezzies off me as it was birthdays in Dec and one in Jan but from either nothing a big fat nothing no card...Even had one text off parent asking me if I could have child today as she had to work. Answer to that was a big fat NO! hence still sat in my dressing gown ha ha.
Anyway, we all know we are not the tight bums... like some of you said dont expect and you wont get dissapointed.

Wish you all the best for 2010 xx

wendywu
28-12-2009, 12:08 PM
One of my parents never gets me anything. I have had mindee full time since he was 9 months and now he is before and after school. Sometimes i get a card but not every year.

Oh well, at least i do the right thing Christmas pressie and his birthday in Jan so that is another pressie.:rolleyes:

littletreasures
28-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Mindee 1 - Hotel Chocolat champagne truffles, bath stuff and a Mug with a picture of a ladybird reading book on it (Nostalgia)

Mindee 2 - a big fat cash bonus - lovely

Mindees 3 & 4 - presents for my kids - a big slab of chocolate for son and photo albums for the girls that they will not use (tacky) - she did say that mindee 3 chose them!!

Mindees 5,6 & 7 (who moved away just before Christmas) - a Willow Tree ornament, bunch of flowers, guardian angel ornament and box of chocolate biscuits - leaving present as well as Christmas present.

I don't get Christmas presents or birthday presents for mindees 3&4. Not even a birthday card!

Chatterbox Childcare
28-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I got a variety of things but 3 didn't even say Merry Christmas and they are the ones I put myself out for the most - NOT ANY MORE - I will charge as a go.

wendywu
28-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I got from mindees

Ted baker perfume and smellies

Lovely silver drop earrings from an expensive shop up london

Molton Brown smellies in a very posh box

£50 debenhams gift voucher
£60 debenhams gift voucher

A botle of red wine

A lovey rose glass perfume bottle from mindee who left in september

Nothing from one :(

Roseolivia
28-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I was lucky this year, Rose and i both got presents from all mindees which was nice.

The Juggler
28-12-2009, 02:41 PM
I got from mindees

Ted baker perfume and smellies

Lovely silver drop earrings from an expensive shop up london

Molton Brown smellies in a very posh box

£50 debenhams gift voucher
£60 debenhams gift voucher

A botle of red wine

A lovey rose glass perfume bottle from mindee who left in september

Nothing from one :(

wow Wendy! I thought i was spoiled. what lovely parents!

twinkle3005
28-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I got a lovely gift box with wine and chocolates and spa smellies from one parent and she got my DD clothes and my son a voucher. This parent is lovely and gets me a pressie at the start of the summer hols too just to let me know how much she appreciates me. She also buys birthday pressies for my two.

Another parent got me chocolates.

and a parent whose little one I have't minded since September called in with wine for me to say thank you for all i've done during the last year.

cuffleygirl
29-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I got

A £50 Next voucher - newest mindee

A Gavin & Stacey DVD + pressies for kids (parent knows I love G&S)

A packet of candles

A bottle of Champagne and handmade chocs (from mindee dad - contract is with Mum)

A half eaten tin of Quality Street (from the Mum)

A RUBBER cheque (no card or pressie) from the minted (or so I thought) full timer.

Rasharoon
30-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I had my parent turn up today (last day before Christmas was last Thursday) with a box of chocolates.

Now I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I would prefer nothing rather than someone putting no thought into the present.

It is a box of Thornton's chocolates (admittedly an expensive box and twice the size of the one I received last year) but no thought has gone into it as a gift. As I say I must sound ungrateful but with reason. Parent knows I go to WW and have lost a stone with a heck of a lot more to go so not exactly a present I can enjoy (especially as I can't stand Thorntons chocs).

I so know where you are coming from. I don't wish to sound ungrateful but as you say, there just isn't any thought and considering the amount of time we invest in their child(ren) and the gifts we buy, no thought is turned to us.

I hate Thornton's chocolates and actually did slip into conversation one day with a parent that I don't like them (she had bought me them before) so what do I get this year - chocolates but by Lily O'Brien!!!!! I can't stand this type of choccie. Also got biscuits (which I don't eat), a tin of roses and then some tesco tea towels and coasters!!!

wendywu
30-12-2009, 05:07 PM
It does not have to be expensive, but thoughtful.

A mug from the £1.00 shop with a cat on it would be fine. Any thing that sparkles ( i do like a bit of bling )

Some thing that is just me is all i ask :)

Really you could go to a jumble sale bric a brac stall and find something i would be over the moon with :laughing:

PixiePetal
30-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Really you could go to a jumble sale bric a brac stall and find something i would be over the moon with :laughing:

:laughing: and it would fit into your house SO well! Oh that sounds awful, but you know what I mean :thumbsup:

I got a present from ex mindees mum yesterday. I had open house and she bought me a huge box of Milk Tray............which her SIL gave her :laughing: . She knew I would prefer them (even I know she likes Green and Blacks :rolleyes: )

mumx3
02-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I got:

mindee 1 A box of milk tray, no card,

mindee2 A box of chocs and bunch of flowers and a card,

mindee 3 A present for my youngest son (flash cards)

mindee 4
A card and a "happy holidays" from mum and a piece of tinsel from mindee! (4)

None of the presents were particularly thoughtful but I was still very grateful to receive them...they didnt have to give me anything.

I bought all the kids books from the book people, but was thoughtful about it.

angiemog
03-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I have 6 mindees

1. Eternity perfume (large bottle) choc for hubbie and a card
2. Thorntons chocs and card
3. Thorntons chocs and card
4. Card
5. NOTHING
6. My little nephew..... he chose me some slippers :) my sis gave me these on top of her pressie for me.

I again don't mean to sound like I expect presents..... but the family who bought me the perfume are both students and make me feel so appreciated. They probably have less money than the others. I was speechless when I opened it and felt so gulity they had spent so much.
The family that gave me NOTHING I have to say I was a little hurt. I am closer to this mum than the others. All I can say is this year I am going to TRY and be tougher. I am too kind to some of the parents. I let them off money if I haven't had the mindee :blush: but no more........................... Is there anyone else who needs to toughen up? I didn't charge any of them for any time over Christmas.

Bananabrain
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
i need to toughen up big time Angie.
One family gave me a lovely pressie, one a card with mud on it:angry: {because she'd forgotten and left it in her car} and one family not even a merry Christmas!!!
I felt very hurt,which is probably childish and not at all professional.
I have just typed a letter outlining general gripes:laughing: and thanking everyone for the lovely gifts!
I feel sad that I feel like this because I don't expect parents to fall at my feet and lavish me with copious gifts,but I really feel as if I am just an afterthought...................................... until they want something from me that is!
I am starting this year with a positive attitude and am going to endeavour to be tougher and not so accommodating all the time!

jelly15
03-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I got;

Mindee 1 - Nothing

Mindee 2 - Set of nice body lotions and a big box Thorton Chocs for whole family.

Mindee 3 - Card to special childminder

Mindee 4 - Bottle of wine

I was thrilled with prezzies and a little disappointed from 1 and 3 but like DH said I am being paid.

Goatgirl
03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
hi,
I think it is lovely to be thought of at christmas by the parents, but can honestly say I don't expect anything from them.

From mindee 1: I had a card from the parents and from mindee, a hot water bottle in a fluffy cover for me, a variety of little lip gloss and nail varnish gift sets for my girls (17 and 24!).

From mindees 2 and 3: A beautifully Iced christmas cake showing the baby jesus in his crib under a single star... I'm not religious, but it did bring a tear to my eye. cards from the children.

From mindee 4: A bath mitt, milk and granules gift set; particularly sweet as he's only been coming for 5 weeks :-)

from mindee 5: Nothing material, but a lots of good wishes, and time taken for a friendly chat about Xmas plans. oh, and they kindly arranged their holiday to coincide with the week I wanted off. Only been coming for 4 weeks :-)

from mindees 6 and 7: A card from the mindee old enough to have a clue what cards are :-) and a Merry Christmas on the last day..

All told, a good haul :thumbsup:

I bought them all Klutz books on Amazon, suited to their interests, apart from the 2 youngest who got (oldest first), a giggling pingu soft toy and some clip on to stuff very tactile little textile books in lots of bright colours :)

bws,
Wendy

miss mopple
03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I can usually predict those that will and wont bother. I predicted one wouldnt this year and was right. It doesnt bother me though tbh.

From the others I got

an amazing wall plaque with a pic of a bus on and me and mindees in the windows (have posted it on another thread last week)

a huge arrangement of flowers with a thankyou balloon

a lovely glass necklace chosen by mindee

a shabby chic wall plaque that says 'this weeks masterpiece' with pegs on to hang

my kids also got gifts from 3 out of 4 families :D

estrelas
03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
My first christmas minding

one = a silver bracelet lovely
two = chocs
three = chocs
four = nothing not even a card
five = nothing
six = nothing
seven = lovely bottle of wine ( gave up wine months ago but the thought that counts)

Didn't expect anything so not too bothered
I find it hard enough to get paid! never mind anything else :laughing:

balloon
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM
one- nothing
two- card, bottle of wine and selection packs for my kids
three- nothing
four-bottle of wine

I expected nothing from anybody so it was a lovely surprise getting a couple of bottles of wine and a card.

mrs.h
03-01-2010, 11:03 PM
hi,

siblings left mid december, i didn't even get a x-mas card but on friday i got an email asking if my husband (who runs a garage) can look at their car.
i don't think so :)

mrs.h

twiggy
04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
i need to toughen up big time Angie.
One family gave me a lovely pressie, one a card with mud on it:angry: {because she'd forgotten and left it in her car} and one family not even a merry Christmas!!!
I felt very hurt,which is probably childish and not at all professional.
I have just typed a letter outlining general gripes:laughing: and thanking everyone for the lovely gifts!
I feel sad that I feel like this because I don't expect parents to fall at my feet and lavish me with copious gifts,but I really feel as if I am just an afterthought...................................... until they want something from me that is!
I am starting this year with a positive attitude and am going to endeavour to be tougher and not so accommodating all the time!

I feel exactly the same. Had 2 parents who gave me nothing and they are the 2 with the most money and who I do most for. Not anymore though, my new years resolution is to toughen up and say "no" more.