PDA

View Full Version : term time only

sophiemarie
22-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi all just starting out in childminding and want to work term time only does anyone else do this and do you think I will get any children working term time only. Thanks:)

caz3007
22-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I only work termtime at the moment with a couple of adhoc days in the holidays as agreed.

I have 5 after schoolies, and during these holidays just working one day with two of them. I was booked and paid to work today with another two, but their grandad decided to come and see them, so has taken them out.

My under 5 (only one at the moment) is only in term time as mums is at college. I dont delberately work just termtime, its just how its worked out for me at this point. I have worked all year round in the past.

Pauline
22-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I used to work term time only and before/after school for a time when caring for my mother, it gave me time in the day for her.

It worked really well, I had plently of work, some were teachers children so they were glad not to have to pay for the time they were not here.

Many parents take advantage of grandparents in school holidays so you might find it works for you. Usually it depends on the amount of work locally and what the nurseries and out of school clubs offer. :)

venus89
22-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Most of mine have been term time only - they are either teachers themselves or have parents who work in schools.... I like it as I get holidays with my kids, minus maybe a day or two a week, but it can leave me running a little dry financially by the end of August......

caz3007
22-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Most of mine have been term time only - they are either teachers themselves or have parents who work in schools.... I like it as I get holidays with my kids, minus maybe a day or two a week, but it can leave me running a little dry financially by the end of August......

Same here, I struggle to get back on my feet financially by the end of the summer hols, but hey its nice to be at home with my DS

LittleMissSparkles
22-12-2009, 03:22 PM
,ost of mine are term time only , I onlyhave 2 that are term time and school holidays xxx

essexgirl1967
22-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I been childminding nearly 12 years and up until recently worked all year. But was finding it increasingly difficult to cope as have 4 kids of my own and they were getting fed up with never having the house to themselves. Decided to work term time with school age kids only earlier in the year as it fitted in with my current batch of mindees and it was the best thing I ever did! have actually got more mindees coming to me now as the parents seem to like the fact they are all school age, and that I'm not tied down caring for very little ones. Even the parents who work all year are happy with not paying anything in the hols as they either ask family to help or use the very cheap subsidised sports clubs for kids that run in the hols HTH x

The Juggler
22-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I do mostly. I have four children who need all year but they only need two days in the holidays so I get 3 days with my two.