PDA

View Full Version : Annual contract review.

loobyloo168
22-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Iv just reviewed the contract of my mindee who i have had for a year now.

Iv made a copy of it and highlighted all the bits where it stipulates stuff like 14 days notice for holidays or short term absence, 14 days to change contracted hours and all them bits.

Iv also highlighted all the contact details and written a letter asking them to confirm all he details are still correct and to point out the terms (14day notice for holidays or short term absence) of the contract they signed.

Iv also put in the letter that previously i may have only charged half price when infact contractually i had the right to charge full price due to the incorrect notice being given and from now on these instances are going to be stopped as im running a bussiness and that the signed contarct will be followed to the letter.

I was supposed to have mindee on Monday but mum text on Sunday to say that Mindees Dad was going to look after her (dad doesnt live with them, i think its the christmas time visit). Normally id just charge her half price but upon looking at her conract it does say 14 days notice for holidays or short periods of time.

Would i be right to charge her full rate for Monday then as she didnt say DD was ill, just said Dad was having her ?

I know i didnt have her for 2 weeks the other week as Mum had been ill and Nan come from wales and had looked after Mindee and collected her from school, but im sure Mum returned to work and didnt have all that time off.

Im scared shes going to think im picking on her cus it ws only the other day i gave her the letter to say things were changing from Feb 2010, but that was about how i charge the hourly rate.

I hate confrontation but i dont see why i should suffer when it clearly states in the contract the diffrent notice periods im supposed to have, and the last thing i want to say is " it states in the contract you signed". BUt i suppose at least she now has another copy of the contract with all the bits signed.

I sure she gets her childcare paid for or the majority as shes a single parent who works 18 hours a week, so she would still get her payments made to her ? And im sure she didnt let them know that she reduced the hours last summer anyway ?

Am i rambling ? Probably .....

miffy
22-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to sit down with this parent and talk through the contract again - you could then explain what you've said here.

If you were available to work on the day dad looked after the child and your contract says you charge full fee for such absences then yes you can charge.

Miffy xx

caz3007
22-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree with Miffy, I think I would try and sit down and have a chat with her about it over a cuppa.

If I received a letter which has been heavily highlighted I think I may be a bit upset.

Perhaps have them highlighted and discuss them with her rather than do it in writing. Yes she probably needs these things pointed out to her and perhaps you should say that you let them go before, but this is how it needs to be for the future

loobyloo168
22-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Mum never has time, shes always late for work so she just gets dropped off, i get told if theres anything wrong with her while she running down the path.

Because her "friend" collects her from work and brings her to mine she never has time as hes been at work all day and needs to drop her off home so he can get to his house.

And when they have fallen out she has to catch the bus home so again she cant stop, its just a quick shes been fine, shes eaten this that and the other, we've done this, and i get and "ok fine" while shes running up the road and i send the attendance forms away with her to fill in otherwise they dont get done.

So frustrating, she sometime calls me when she gets to work to fill me in on anything but even thats a quick call.

loobyloo168
22-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Have just text her and asked her to come early tomorrow to do the attendance forms and have a chat.

I dont want to upset her, or make her feel like that by receiving a highighted contract. But she has got away with alot for such a long time, and it is a businnes im running.

Iv been ill 3 times in the year iv had her but shes been off probaby 10 times if not more and i only get an hours notice.

Shes just text me back saying thats fine.

I know shes gonna start i can feel it. I hate this. :panic: