PDA

View Full Version : So quiet....

venus89
22-12-2009, 12:45 PM
... not only in the house with my mindees away for the hols (so I'm sitting here trying to plan my next terms' theme.....) but also on the forum. I think I shall have to resort to talking to myself today! I'll never get up to 2010 posts by New Year if this carries on....... :panic:

Mollymop
22-12-2009, 12:48 PM
hello! I am here, better late than never:D

venus89
22-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Hooray! It was echoing around here....
What theme shall I do next term? I'm wondering about animals? Or possibly the effects of over indulging at Christmas upon the human body? What do you think?

little miss chatterbox
22-12-2009, 12:52 PM
yeah healthy eating and the effects of not eating healthily! perfect for NY!

venus89
22-12-2009, 12:56 PM
:clapping: super dooper.....

Week one - finishing the Christmas chocs and booze - noticing the effects that these have on our bodies.......

caz3007
22-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Not overeating sounds a good idea. But I am a larger lady and sometimes it doesnt seem right to preach....mind you I always add in, you dont want to get like me :)

We are going to do about birds next term. I have the pack from the RSBP, so that seemed like a good springboard for next term.

venus89
22-12-2009, 01:00 PM
ooohhhh...... birds sounds like a good idea......

I was thinking along the lines of animals so a week of birds is a good idea... do they have some resources on their website?

TheBTeam
22-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I have just had my rspb pack today, lovely bird pictures, no mindees, but we have been spotting out the window with dd, the birds stand out in the snow, it does look beautiful but I am bored with it now, even getting a quieter time of it is starting to drag! Not complaining though!

caz3007
22-12-2009, 01:03 PM
There was a link on here recently for Little Schools Birdwatch and I got a pack with some easy info on certain common birds, a colouring sheet, a mask to colour and a Karaoke DVD with 3rd & Bird. They want you to count the birds that visit your garden, which would be good to do.

I was also thinking there may be some more bits on the Cbeebies website under the 3rd & Bird that could be used

venus89
22-12-2009, 01:05 PM
There was a link on here recently for Little Schools Birdwatch and I got a pack with some easy info on certain common birds, a colouring sheet, a mask to colour and a Karaoke DVD with 3rd & Bird. They want you to count the birds that visit your garden, which would be good to do.

I was also thinking there may be some more bits on the Cbeebies website under the 3rd & Bird that could be used

I'll look for those, thank you x

venus89
22-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I have just had my rspb pack today, lovely bird pictures, no mindees, but we have been spotting out the window with dd, the birds stand out in the snow, it does look beautiful but I am bored with it now, even getting a quieter time of it is starting to drag! Not complaining though!

Not just me that's a bit bored then? My dd is off swimming with a friend, ds and stepdd (finally home from France) are playing Mariokart on the Wii and Dh is off at work..... I have nothing to do BUT planning, I've caught up with everything else!

caz3007
22-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Just found the link its

www.rspb.org.uk/youth/learn/earlyyears

Its definately worth a look if you are considering doing birds. The pack is nice too

venus89
22-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Just found the link its

www.rspb.org.uk/youth/learn/earlyyears

Its definately worth a look if you are considering doing birds. The pack is nice too

Thank you caz, you're a star x