PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sheepish but appreciated!

little chickee
22-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm feeling a bit sheepish today! after repling to several threads on here about what to give mindees and parents for xmas i had said that i only gave mindees a small thing and didnt bother with parents cos i didnt think it was necessary and i never got so much as a card........

ALL of my mindees have given my family and i a card, i have been given a present by all mindees and my own boys have all been given gifts!!

I'm feeling a wee bit humbled!

beccas
22-12-2009, 10:21 AM
oh well never mind just remember next year unless you can go and get a quick gift today.....

little chickee
22-12-2009, 10:34 AM
If the parents give me a gift do i treat that as a "christmas bonus" or do you thinki ts the done thing to then give them a gift.

I have given little gifts for my mindees but should i give parents a gift too if they have given me?

haribo
22-12-2009, 10:35 AM
thats lovely :clapping: no need to feel sheepish -it is to show their appreciation for everything !!

beccas
22-12-2009, 10:37 AM
no i dont buy for parents it could end up costing a fortune just say thanks....

haribo
22-12-2009, 10:37 AM
If the parents give me a gift do i treat that as a "christmas bonus" or do you thinki ts the done thing to then give them a gift.

I have given little gifts for my mindees but should i give parents a gift too if they have given me?

i dont buy for parents :panic: the exception would be if we had become close friends but i think of it as a thank you more than a xmas gift .i do buy all the mindees a pressie though !!

little miss chatterbox
22-12-2009, 10:41 AM
How lovely for the first year ever I have received pressies off all mindees (i only have 2!) and it's really sweet. I don't expect them as they pay me for a service and that's enough. My dh wouldn't buy his boss a gift and I see it as a similar thing!

I buy all my mindees a gift but not the parents. What I do buy mindees is ususually fairly small (half price toys as in this case for around £3-5)

I don't buy the parents anything but I do get mindees to do something for them! This year we are making canvas pictures and choc truffles

TheBTeam
22-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't by for the parents of mindees, i treat any gift given to me a bit like the kids taking something in for their teacher, i do buy for the minded children though, this year i have bought personalised pencil cases for the older ones and personalised cutlery for the younger ones.

Blackhorse
22-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I also dont get parents a gift.
I think this is their way of saying thanks for the care you give to their kids and I doubt they will expect a gift back to be honest...pretty much what theBteam said about teachers getting gifts....

I do buy gifts for all the minded children though....:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
22-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I buy for my Mindees not for parents:thumbsup:

venus89
22-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't buy for the parents but I give them all the christmassy crafts that we've made in the run up to Christmas - I kind of think of that as their present. And I give them a card.....

Pudding Girl
22-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't buy for parents, mindees works out expensive enough thank you, plus don't forget if you helped the kids to make something for the parents/granny etc then you've paid for that too.

Enjoy your gifts!

(what did you get??)

LittleMissSparkles
22-12-2009, 02:00 PM
oh thats lovely xxxx

miffy
22-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I buy for my Mindees not for parents:thumbsup:

Same here!

Miffy xx

Gizmo
22-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I got pressies for the mindees and made calenders with the kiddies pics on for the parents :thumbsup:

little chickee
22-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I don't buy for parents, mindees works out expensive enough thank you, plus don't forget if you helped the kids to make something for the parents/granny etc then you've paid for that too.

Enjoy your gifts!

(what did you get??)

I don't know what they are - they are wrapped and my kids insisted that they went under the tree!!

The Juggler
22-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't by for the parents of mindees, i treat any gift given to me a bit like the kids taking something in for their teacher, i do buy for the minded children though, this year i have bought personalised pencil cases for the older ones and personalised cutlery for the younger ones.

snap, that's what I bought and some pj's for the older ones. I had 11 mindees with 5 dec birthdays on top so can't afford to buy for parents too. I had some lovely gifts but don't expect anything.

Andrea08
22-12-2009, 09:45 PM
i gave the mindees gifts and a card for the families

didnt get a thank you or a card or my wages lol

did get a box of chocs from one of my part timers that was nice xxx

daisyboo1980
23-12-2009, 07:18 AM
i have to buy for 1 st of parents as its my sis and bro in law lol
but the rest i dont i think that as i buy the mindees and have spent alot of craft stuff so they can make their parents a gift i think thats enough

Mollymop
23-12-2009, 07:26 AM
That's lovely!

I am the same this year. This is my 2nd xmas since I started childminding and last year I didn't so much as get a card from any of the mindees/parents. :(

So again this year I've bought all the mindees a £3 to £5 gift each like I did last year..this year I have been given cards and gifts from all the parents/mindees ( part from one). :)