PDA

View Full Version : could this be an ob?

sweets
21-12-2009, 08:36 PM
on mondays and tues i have the same 2 little mindees, one is 15mnths and 1 is 10 months, so i dont get things mixed up i always give the older one a blue cup and the younger 1 a green cup. well today the younger one didnt come so when it came to drink time i just got a cup out of the cupboard and gave it to her. she refused to drink out of it because it was the green one! ( i hadnt even noticed!) lol. she just kept saying the younger mindees name in her way until i got the blue cup out.

could i write this up do you think?

sarah707
21-12-2009, 09:10 PM
That's a lovely observation linked to friendship and sense of self.

You could do a self registration chart with names on photos to further enhance her understanding :D

Annie_T
21-12-2009, 09:23 PM
yes hun she recognises (sorry cant spell it lol :o ) it is not her cup and know who the other mindee is and thats it her cup

x

sweets
21-12-2009, 09:26 PM
thanks i will write it up. its weird though as they never usually acnoledge(sp?) one another. only she most have noticed that little mindee wasnt there today!

actually we all noticed as missing one is my screamer! so we had a lovely peaceful day :laughing:

jumpinjen
21-12-2009, 10:53 PM
That's a lovely one to do!! I didn't realise how strongly children identify with routine til I started minding two little ones, and wondered why they wouldn't play with play dough in their high chairs, even though they loved it at play group..... then I clicked that high chairs are for eating in their eyes, not playing, and they always walk/crawl to 'their' chair when I put them up at mealtimes!!! So now we do play dough at a small table and they get stuck right in!!!!

jenni:laughing: