PDA

View Full Version : Parents coming at 1pm today - They've been!!!

button68
07-03-2008, 07:40 AM
I did post about this on Monday but thought another CM may get her before she got to me - no phone call so I assume she is still coming (although I know from this forum that that means nothing :( )

Everywhere is spic-and-span and paperwork at the ready. I've bound my 'Welcome Pack' with my new binder ;) so rather pleased with that.

Only worry is that DD will be home from playgroup when the mum comes and I'm worried about her interupting - she is a terrible interupter at the moment :angry: it's although she doesn't like me giving my attention to anyone else :mad:

Shall I have a 'word' with her beforehand? or set up the playdough (one of her favorite activities) 5 mins before they arrive? but then she will constantly show me what she has made :rolleyes:

On a positive note I'm not nervous at all ... quite looking forward to it!:)

crazybones
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
It might be a good thing for them to see you interact with your daughter, all smiles and gritted teeth :laughing: . If you can deal with her and them at the same time they can only be impressed . Then you can collapse. Best of luck. Getting her toys out too shows them the sort of things you do.

Annie x

miffy
07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Oooh good luck with the visit

It's only natural for your dd to want to grab back your attention so I wouldn't worry too much

Playdough sounds good then the parent can see the sorts of things you do

Fingers crossed

Miffy xx

sarah707
07-03-2008, 07:51 AM
All little ones interrupt... it just seems worse to you cos she's yours!

Just relax and go with what she wants to say and do... she's the reason you're wanting to work from home in the first place!

The parent will appreciate you putting a child's needs first - and if she doesn't she's not the sort you want to be working with anyway!

Good luck... let us know xx

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
I agree with everyone go with the flow

Good luck fingers crossed

Angel xx

Splish Splosh
07-03-2008, 08:10 AM
good luck wish you all the best.

Blaze
07-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Agree with what's already been said...Good luck!
Tasha:)

jaz
07-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Hope it all goes well, let us know later how it all went.

J
x

Mollymop
07-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Hope it goes well. Good luck x I hope your little one behaves, but I think it will be great for the parent to see you with your own child. X

emler
07-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Good luck this afternoon!

Emler x

Annie_T
07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
oh i hope she turns up and it all goes well hun.

i would let her see you interact with your dd .. she can see how you are with kids then :)

oh i bet the welcome pack looks well good too.

good luck hun xx

Shirlwith3
07-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi Hope it goes well, I too have a lady coming today she was meant to come tuesday afternoon but called to rearrange to today as she had done 2 pg test one being Neg and the other positive so was doing another this morning, not had a call yet so take it as she is coming.

Shirl

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Good Luck also Shirl

Angel xx

Banana
07-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Good luck!!

and dont worry about your daughter interrupting. I used to worry about it with Belle but it just gives you the opportunity to show your parenting skills. I would get the playdoh out. I usually get drawing or colouring out for Belle and she sits quiet well and only the odd disturbance to look at what she has drawn.

Hope the meeting goes well!!

x

flora
07-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Good luck, fingers crossed all goes well,
turn your daughter into a positive and as the others have said let your amazing skills with kids shine through!!!:thumbsup:
Let us know how you go xx

charleyfarley
07-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Good luck with the visits ladies

Carol xx

Rubybubbles
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
good luck, keeping fingers crossed for you both;)

LittleMissSparkles
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
fingers crossed for you xxx

mamapink
07-03-2008, 11:32 AM
hello
good luck

bye pink

berkschick
07-03-2008, 11:33 AM
All the kids I have taken on have visited when I have had my kids here, I think it helps!

Let us know how it goes and good luck to Shirl too.

miss muffit
07-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Good Luck...will be thinking of you :) :) :)

katickles
07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh good luck with the visit - i'm sure that everything will go well. You'll have to let us know later.

Good luck to Shirl as well :)

Tatia
07-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Seraphina (my 3 1/2 year old DD) is usually my biggest asset when signing on new parents (with one noteable exception!:angry: ). Is the new person bringing her child along, too? Cos then it might be a good idea to have an activity for them to work on together (and hope your's shares which is at the root of the exception I mentioned above!:blush: ).

Good luck!

button68
07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Weird one........:eek:

Well that was a fleeting visit, they were barely here 15 mins!! :( It was mum and dad, they didn't even bring baby :( I never really got into my stride with the sales pitch, didn't get a chance to mention loads of things - including contacts :angry: after about 10 mins dad was chatting away but kept looking at his watch and after 15 mins said 'Right we've taken up enough of your time' and up he stood.

They seemed reasonably happy they said 'I ticked all the right boxes' :rolleyes: They were going to see another CM tomorrow and would be in touch sometime next week.

DD was a star playing with her playdough - I forgot she was there until she fell off the chair :doh:

Rubybubbles
07-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Weird one........:eek:

Well that was a fleeting visit, they were barely here 15 mins!! :( It was mum and dad, they didn't even bring baby :( I never really got into my stride with the sales pitch, didn't get a chance to mention loads of things - including contacts :angry: after about 10 mins dad was chatting away but kept looking at his watch and after 15 mins said 'Right we've taken up enough of your time' and up he stood.

They seemed reasonably happy they said 'I ticked all the right boxes' :rolleyes: They were going to see another CM tomorrow and would be in touch sometime next week.

DD was a star playing with her playdough - I forgot she was there until she fell off the chair :doh:

15 mins flipping heck! how on earth can they make any decissons on that space of time?

Glad dd was good (after al your worries!), finger crossed they phone back

ruby
07-03-2008, 01:53 PM
glad DD behaved for you hope you get that phone call next week

cathy

button68
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Forgot to say they were looking at a CM because they have just pulled DD from the local private Nursery ;) . They said it appeared to them that she was just being left to cry :panic:

They said nursary would say she's only just started but they said you could clearly see from her eyes she had been crying for a long time :(

Spangles
07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Hope you get the contract Mandy but from what they told you about what happened at nursery I would be wary of them to begin with.

What if the nursery was actually telling the truth, they could be pains in the bums if you see what I mean! This together with them only staying for 15 mins! I think I would try and insist on a few settling in visits and a long visit re. the contract.

Just me being wary!

Good luck and hopefully it will be fine!

Annie_T
07-03-2008, 02:20 PM
oh that doe sseem short visit and not bringing baby that strange surely they would want know what she thought of you etc.

least they showed up hun, lets hope nxt cm is pants compared to you (not saying any cm is pants but you know what i mean- i hope) and you get it hehe

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
That was very quick

Did they give a reason for not bringing the baby ?

xx

miss muffit
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi I always think a prospective parent knows wether their child would settle and be happy with you as soon as they walk through your front door.
Hope you get the phone call...its sad when your childs not happy when left. :( :(

sarah707
07-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Fingers crossed! Sounds positive if a little short! :D

Tatia
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Best of luck! I don't know how a parent can decide that quickly and not even bring baby along to meet you!

I do worry about parents who have had issues with previous providers. I took on a little guy (2 1/2) a few months ago. His mother had pulled him out of a nursery because she said she was always picking him up and his trousers would be soaked with wee. True enough. But now I know WHY that happened at the nursery! She insists in putting him in pull ups, he drinks a ton and is the heaviest wetter I have ever come across. She says he uses the toilet faithfully at home but despite my best efforts here, he just doesn't and is always soaking himself (bless his little heart, not his fault).

It can make you self conscious to take on people who have been unhappy previously cos you feel they are watching and criticizing every move you make!

katickles
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't understand why they wouldn't bring the baby?

If i were going to visit a childminder for care of my daughter, i would take her along to see how you both were with each other - i think thats a bit strange. But i suppose there could be a perfectly good reason.

Sounds promising enough though saying you'd ticked all the right boxes, good luck & I hope you get the phone call your wanting. :)

deeb66
08-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I have to agree with the others that it was an unually short visit.

I too also wonder why they didn't bring the child with them especially as their main concern was that the child was not settling where she was!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you

button68
08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Well I got it :clapping:

They phoned this morning to say they could visit an other dozen CM's but what is the point when I "tick all the boxes" they do seem to be fond of that phrase :laughing:

Mum wants to start settling in next week and start in full on 31st March.

Now I need advice (when don't I? :rolleyes: )

She works mon-thurs and wants me 2 days MIL covering the other 2. ATM I can only offer mon & thurs and this mindee will be my only one on the monday so working all day for £25 :( . Come sept (when DD goes to school) would prefer her to do Tues & Thurs and have monday off and clear for any personal appointments the me or the kids may need.

Would I be out of order saying that this is what I want when we are sorting out the contracts? Am I likely to scare her off?

Angela234
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Congratulations i would say to her you would like to change the days in September it may not be a problem as MIL is looking after littleone on the other 2 days
Good luck let us know how it goes

Angela

miffy
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh well done mandy bet you're really pleased

I would say what you want re days when sorting out the contract as it makes sense but it isn't worth losing the work over.

If mil is happy to be flexible and can have child any day then why not

Good luck

Miffy xx

crazybones
08-03-2008, 10:32 PM
:clapping: Well done. :clapping:

Annie x

berkschick
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

Well done Mandy!

nell57
09-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Good news, well done:jump for joy:

Helen

Monkey1
09-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Congratulations Mandy!

deeb66
09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Brilliant news mandy - well done :clapping: :clapping:

I agree with the others.....mention that you would like to switch the days in September and at least she will be able to pre warn MIL that days will change.