PDA

View Full Version : Child in reception term time only

igglepiggle
21-12-2009, 01:10 PM
:panic: Ok, so I have a child in reception 2 days a week from 3:15 - 4:30ish term time only. I speak to his class teacher each day when I pick him up and make a note of anything important - e.g. he had done really well with blending in letters and sounds so we played some letters and sounds based games back at home. I do brief observations although he often wants to chill when he gets home, and we build on outings he has been on at the weekend. I put all of this into a learning journey for him. What do I need to do in terms of assessment? Evidently, I don't see him enough to assess all areas of the eyfs development matters for 40 - 60+ months and I'm not sure if what I'm doing is enough. Any ideas?

Straws
21-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you are doing more than enough, I personally wouldnt do anymore than you are already doing but everyone is different.

Straws xx

igglepiggle
21-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks Straws. I see you got good in your last inspection? Well done...not to compare myself or anything :blush: BUT do you have any school pick ups in reception and do you do any summative assessment for them? I am due my first visit any time soon and I really want to do well...

Pipsqueak
21-12-2009, 02:13 PM
for your obs etc you do them in relation to how long you have that child - therefore you only have them for a very short period in a week - you aren't going to have that many obs etc.

You are doing all the right things - you liase closely with his teacher - make sure you note this down in his LJ, you are supporting what he is doing at school etc.
I have a term time only child for a total of 1hr per day and they never actually come in my house - I pick up walk to school, collect walk back home to drop off.
You will probably get other obs occsionally like PSED KUW etc.