PDA

View Full Version : when are they coming

disney
07-03-2008, 06:51 AM
had a call to say that ofsted was coming to see me sometime in january but they still havnt come yet , wish they would just want to get it over with now . also im worried about things as dont get me wrong the house is all safe but i have just had a new kitchen fitted and we are still in the process of tiling and the utility room is full of tiles gruot and un -requried doors .

the problem is the utility is something we need to pass through to go out side but to be honest we usually call at the park on the way home and have not been out this year yet . keep on putting stuff away but have to get it out again . do you think they would be ok if i locked the door and said we dont go in their :idea: thanks all x

miffy
07-03-2008, 07:10 AM
It's horrible when you're just waiting isn't it but I'm sure they will come soon as all inspections should be finished by end of march.

I don't see any problem with locking the utility door - explain why to the inspector say you've risk assessed and atm it is not safe to use that way to get outside and that you use the park for outdoor play.

The only other thing you will have to show you've considered is what you would do if there was a fire - can you get out safely using other exits if that one is locked?

Is there another way to get to your garden that you could use because ofsted do like you to be able to access outdoor play easily

Good luck with the inspection
Miffy xx

sarah707
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Miffy has said everything I was going to say... except my own ... hope they come soon! :D

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Just wanted to agree with Miffy and Sarah and also say good luck when they do come im sure it will be soon

Angel xx

deeb66
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Yep

I agree too

Hopefully they will turn up soon!

Splish Splosh
08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
yes, good luck with your inspection, i had to ring up about mine in the end as i think they had forgot and i got sick of waiting.