PDA

View Full Version : Giving a parent notice letter ? Help needed

loobyloo168
20-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi all

Was just wondering when you write a letter to give notice do you have to put a reason ?

Because other than "you irritate me, and cant stand dealing with you" i cant actually think of anything, and obviously im not going to put the above.

Just wondering if i do have to have a valid reason as im sure just receiving a letter saying

Dear Parent

Im informing you that im a giving you 2 weeks notice that as of ...... i will no longer be caring for your child.

OR can i just say for personal reasons ?

Just getting really fed up and want a letter ready there for her that i can justfill the date in and and give it to her when she starts on the doorstep next time.

sarah707
20-12-2009, 05:47 PM
You do not need to give a reason in the letter... you don't have to say for personal reasons or anything.

Although the parent will probably ask you and I tend to say 'change of circumstances' when it's a tricky one.

Hth :D

loobyloo168
20-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Really ? Thanks Sarah. I thought id have to have a valid excuse or just keep them on ?

Ace ill write one and keep it at the ready !!

helenlc
20-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I have quoted change of circumstances in the past.

You do not need to elaborate on this either - and dont be drawn into it with a parent either ie them asking you what it is and whether you can continue anyway etc.

Stand your ground.

venus89
20-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Good luck - stand your ground!

littlestar
20-12-2009, 11:33 PM
i have this
Termination of Contract

This document confirms that the last day of childminding for my child____________________________________________,
with my childminder ________________________________
was _____________________________________________.

If claiming Working Tax Credit, Childcare Element
I understand that it is my responsibility, and not that of the childminder, to inform the Inland Revenue regarding the termination of this childcare arrangement.

Name of parent
Signature of parent
Date

Signature of Childminder
Date