PDA

View Full Version : promoting positive behaviour

childminder54
06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
has anybody been on this course is it worth going on do you get certificate. as i am minding on the saturday and wonder if it is worth cancel looking after the child more money i will be looseing it is on saturday.

thanks

veronicaxxx:laughing: :laughing:

Annie_T
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM
ive not heard bout it, but prob coz i not childminding yet i guess or not done in my area.

sounds good tho just by title

disney
07-03-2008, 01:33 AM
not sure if you get a certificate for this one or not , its in thenew trainning opportunities booklet but it does not say that you do get i would of thought yes , but the other courses do actually say if you do . as regards to losing money they do refund you if you ask but only up to £ 25 dont no if that would be worth it or not x:)

miffy
07-03-2008, 07:20 AM
All courses run by our early years department give you a certificate at the end - this is your proof to Ofsted that you have been on the course.

Whether it's financially worthwhile as you are losing work on the day of the course I don't know

Miffy xx

sarah707
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I went on the course it was fab! I've used all the stuff I learned (and more) for my behaviour policy, a big list of positive behaviour techniques which I share with parents and it's all in the Children's Behaviour e-book. :D

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes all our courses give you a certificate too

I guess its up to you if you want to do it though - some can be boring some courses can be interesting

Good luck and hope you enjoy it if you go

Angel xx

cherry
07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I just finished this course and found it very good, mind you the tutors were brilliant and made it fun.

I would recommend it and I did get a certificate :clapping:

Heaven Scent
07-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I have if its being run by Bev Aimeson then it will be good most of her courses are good.

Celine

charleyfarley
07-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I have if its being run by Bev Aimeson then it will be good most of her courses are good.

Celine

She was our tutor last week on the EYFS course at the Beresford centre and she was good

Were you there Celine?

Carol xx

katickles
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Sounds like an interesting course - i might look into booking that one :)

elaineg
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Ive been on this course it was really good, you should get reimbursed if you are losing money, they will give you a expenses claim sheet. I did get a certificate at the end.

love Elaine XXX

Heaven Scent
11-03-2008, 04:12 PM
No Carol I wasn't I haven't been on a course since last July but am hoping to do some soon, just been too tied up setting up etc.

Where are you based?

celine