PDA

View Full Version : trying to do my risk asses

suez
19-12-2009, 10:17 PM
well iv finallyt decided to try n do my annual risk assessment ,i didnt photocopy the 1 given me last yr from my co ordinator so iv had to look for a new 1,iv got 3 i offf bromley that iv adapted to fit on 1 a4 page you write wat the risk is then the action, do i have to write a action for everything?
the other 1 you put on there also if its a high,medium,low risk then the action
the other 1 the risk and action and comment im just wonderin can i leave the box empty for some of them for wat the action is if there isnt any actions to do or do i have to find a action to do to write down x

mama2three
19-12-2009, 10:24 PM
not all the points will need actions , just initial to say youve checked. some of my actions are just review in ........time. some have actions , then action complete date and initial.

suez
19-12-2009, 10:36 PM
ok so the 1s i have nothin to put into the action/comment i can just write review at watever date suits me then initial

mama2three
19-12-2009, 10:41 PM
yes ...checked , no actions. review in x days / months whatever. thats all i do , someone may know better though!!

suez
19-12-2009, 10:50 PM
aww thank u iv done 2 of em coz i thought the bromley 1 i adapted to fit 1 a4 paper didnt look much too the other 5 pages 1 lol thanks again x

Zoomie
19-12-2009, 10:51 PM
My RAs have these as the column headings:

What is the hazard?

Who may be harmed and how?

What am I already doing?
How do I rate the risk level?
What further action is necessary? (often put on-going)

Then if futher action is required, I fill in these boxes:
Action by whom
Action by when
Done

right at the botton of page:
Review date - (I put it for 1 year down the line).

I got outstancing for safeguarding at my recent inspection.

sarah707
20-12-2009, 08:40 AM
The Eyfs says you must risk assess everything a child comes into contact with...

So that's a risk assessment for each of the following areas of your house...

- the toys inside;

- the toys outside;

- the living / front room and sockets, fireplace etc;

- the back / play room and sockets, wires from computers, slippy rugs etc;

- the entrance hall;

- the toilet, handbasin, step etc;

- the garden;

- the driveway - parents / children slipping, children running into the road etc;

There is some information about risk assessments on my www.eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com website.

I hope it helps :D

jumpinjen
20-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd not thought of risk assessing the driveway! Thanks for that!

jenni :)

francinejayne
20-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I've also included a row for risk assessing standard outings - ie going to playgroup. covered how we will walk and pay attention to the green cross code, how little ones will either be strapped in the buggy or on reigns.

FinleysMummy
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi, ive just done my risk asses and was hoping ive covered everything. Here's a list of what ive done and if you can think of anything else please let me know.

Bathroom
Enterance Hall
Courtyard
Garden
Garden gate
Kitchen - cleaning materials
Kitchen - hob
Kitchen - oven
Living room - fire
Livingroom - plugs
Toys - inside and out

Any more?

beccas
03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
i have a daily one which i tick every day as i check and star if theres a problem and do a risk asses for that area. but i also have yearly ones i do for every thing mindees come in contact with.

cuddlybunny38
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
We have just done ours after an inspection, you need one for each shop you go to as different risks, each trip you go on, each group you attend even if in same hall as may be different people/ toys. people visiting your house, different weather conditions when out, Ofsted told us to do these ones (in Dec 09 ). Hope it helps. x

sarah707
04-01-2010, 08:25 AM
We have just done ours after an inspection, you need one for each shop you go to as different risks, each trip you go on, each group you attend even if in same hall as may be different people/ toys. people visiting your house, different weather conditions when out, Ofsted told us to do these ones (in Dec 09 ). Hope it helps. x

That is not a requirement of the Eyfs... it is waaaaay beyond what the statutory requirements say.

Yes ok mention what might happen in different weather conditions when on outings but that's as far as you should need to go.

And as for RA every shop...

I wonder why your inspector was saying that?

Did you challenge it at the time? :D

caz3007
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
I was told at my inspection last month that I had to have one for each different park I visit as each one is different. TBH the risks are pretty much the same at each one, just done a note on the back of the main park one about each different one

suez
04-01-2010, 09:23 AM
but as i understood when youve done a ra for say the park you dont need to do another for that particular park unless something had changed on route to there or the park had been changed....am i right

beccas
04-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Yes thats right do one per visit and only do another if the number of children you take changes or something else changes at the place where you visit.

cuddlybunny38
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
yes I did, I had my inspection nov 08 and got good, then my daughter had hers in Dec 09(just gone) and she got satisfactory, all the paperwork was the same as what I had checked plus few bits we had added over the year and this is what she had said was not up to standard(was for mine though) said we have to have RA for everytime we leave the house, our planning has to be long/ medium, short term also indiviual planning. (again mine was all ok when checked befor) we did query this as I had been told it was ok but she said needed to be changed.I did ask why as was told it had been checked and she said things had changed since then. Bit peeved really, as lot of paperwork, done RA, long term planning and medium in a more detailed format, just doing short term. then will look at nidividual, not happy as have 6 p/t to do it for so means 6 aweek and 24 a moth, on top of everything else. I know it wasnt my inspection but they check my bits at the same time. She looked at my lj when she was here to see what I do. but was my daughters inspection.