PDA

View Full Version : Had a phone call..

Lily Grace
19-12-2009, 07:37 PM
from a parent who wanted childcare from 7.30 to 6.30 mon-thurs from Jan 2010. I am not prepared to work these hours unless it is worth my while as I have 2 children of my own (age6 and 2). Anyway they wanted to know my fees (I dont discuss fees over the phone) and I said it was outside my usual hours and I would have to meet them to discuss. They didn't seem happy that I wouldn't tell them my fees over the phone. I have a feeling that as they only have 2 weeks till it is Jan 2010 they probably have had trouble finding someone. Does anyone else discuss fees over the phone.

TheBTeam
19-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I do try not to, i try and get by by saying that there are a few factors to consider, and i like the relationship to be right with the parents, and exact fee details are best discussed on meeting as there are a few factors to consider. There aren't but this is often enough to stop a direct answer.

The Juggler
19-12-2009, 11:18 PM
in this case I might. you don't want to waste time setting up your house, preparing all paperwork if you tell them what would be your mininum fee(s) and they are not interested.

Tell them you would love to meet them but becuase it's outside the hours you had considered you would charge a premium before 0800 and after 6pm.

You could get them in and wow them and they would agree to it anyhow but I would just worry about you wasting time.

Good luck

Heaven Scent
19-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I certainly don't - if they have had my info from FIS then they should know them already - I have quite a comprehensive list on there - no excuse to ask for fees over the phone.

singlewiththree
20-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I always tell them my fees up front as afterall they may have an unrealistic idea of how much it would cost and I would have tidyed my house for no reason. If it was outside my hours then I would say what my normal rate is and then what I would charge for outside my hours and if they wanted I would email them some information.

mrs c
20-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Most of my enquirers do no not ask my rates, there have been a few who have and I always tell them. Pointless wasting my time with a visit if they are looking for the cheapest. If I rang any business to ask how much they charge and they were reluctant to tell me then I would be wary of them.

LittleMissSparkles
20-12-2009, 08:40 AM
i do, saves alot of wasted time and effort if they dont wanna pay my charges for whatever reason after they have been told, I charge dt for before and after 6pm as i dont really want to work before or after then unless i really have to iyswim. x