PDA

View Full Version : HELP.Panic, I forgot to pay my reg fee!!

samengland
19-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I have been so stupid. I have completely forgotten to pay my registration fee and I had a letter today to say the reg process has been cancelled!!! I have been waiting so long for this and now to my own stupidity I have to start over again. Does anyone out there know if there's anything I can do about this?? Prob not? Big lesson learned. Help. Feeling very upset.

madasahatter
19-12-2009, 10:46 AM
ring them up first thing on Monday and see what you can do. You could then do a bank transfer so that payment is made that day (if they show a bit of Christmas spirit).

beccas
19-12-2009, 11:03 AM
You can pay ofsted over the phone but surely they should have sent you reminders before cancelling it, phone them explain this is the first letter you received and that you had completly forgot and beg.....

samengland
19-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for your prompt replies. Why do these things happen on a weekend? I will phone them Monday and see what they say.
Does anyone know what the process is for re-applying? Will I have to do the health dec, app. form and Ofsted visit again??:(

christine e
19-12-2009, 12:17 PM
When was it due?

I had a reminder sent to me in November - Ofsted said that they had sent out oringinal in October and I know for sure that I never received it - rang them and paid it straight away. A few days later was talking to another minder and the same thing had happened to her and the dates on the her letters were exactly the same as mine.

Cx

samengland
19-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for that. I had one sent in October and I had no reminders. Did you have your reg cancelled? When you phoned, what did they say? Did they reinstate your reg for you?

caz3007
19-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Give them a ring on monday, apologise and say you have your card in your hand ready to pay. Hope they accept it and everything gets back on track for you x

samengland
19-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks Caz,
Can't tell you all how stupid I feel, angry and upset! Stuck in the house as we are snowed in. Husband away! Thanks for your suggestions everyone they are making me feel a bit better.

sweets
19-12-2009, 02:37 PM
ring them on monday and make up a sob story to why you have been to busy to send it. if all else fails then cry on the phone.

worth a try:laughing:

Tink
19-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh I hope you get it sorted out. Hopefully they will let you pay over the phone on Monday.

samengland
19-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for that. I have already been crying so it won't be too difficult to do that on Monday!

TheBTeam
19-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Can you tell them a little white lie, something like you phoned to explain your card had been cloned so they had to stop it and you phoned them to tell them it would be a couple of weeks till you could pay it, so you are now ringing to do so, don't mention the cancellation letter!

christine e
19-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for that. I had one sent in October and I had no reminders. Did you have your reg cancelled? When you phoned, what did they say? Did they reinstate your reg for you?

Hi again

Sorry been out all day and only just seen your post. The letter I received in November was a reminder and I paid straight away - no mention of cancelling registration but I definately did not receive the first letter that was sent out in October asking for fee. I asked for and was sent a receipt and then a couple of days after that received another reminder! I would have thought that they would have to write to you recorded delivery or something before cancelling registration. Try not to worry

Cx

christine e
19-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi again

Is this your initial fee for registering as a childminder? I am referring to my annual fee.

Cx

samengland
19-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes, this is my initial fee. I spoke to the EY Childcare advisor today and she said she would hope that they would reinstate it if I paid on Monday when I phoned. The letter I have says I haven't paid my fee so they have cancelled the reg and I need to re-apply. So have no idea what they will do now. Everything else is done, just waiting for the CRB to come back and that was it. Hopefully they will reinstate the reg process but no guarantees til I speak to them. I need to tell them I have had no reminders at all. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Sam x