PDA

View Full Version : Update on the schools questionnaire about out of school care

Lady Haha
18-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I recently posted about a questionnair that had been sent out asking parent at the school I pick up from if they wanted a breakfast club, after school club and holiday club. I was a bit worried at first, but then realised that I have nothing to worry about as I charge the same as after school club anyway, have not lost any mindees to cheaper holiday clubs yet and to be honest, would welcome a breakfast club myself and stop doing mornings!

Since then, I have been asked FIVE times if I have any after school vacancies, but I haven't so I've been telling them 'well, I think the school are going to be doing an afterschool club'. One of the people who asked is one of the other childminders (there are only four of us at this school) as she is giving up!

Well, today we had the end of term newsletter and it said that as a result of the questionnaire they are opening a breakfast club in the new year. No mention of afterschool club, so I assume there wasn't enough interest!

My problem is, why do I feel so guilty not being able to take these kids??? I always feel like I'm lying when I say I've no vacancies, even though I'm not!!!

Does anyone else feel really bad when they have to say no???

I should be relieved that the after school club isn't happening as it pretty much guarantees me keeping all my mindees really!!!

sarah707
19-12-2009, 09:41 AM
I always say I am as full as I want to be... then nobody feels the need to count heads! :laughing:

Don't feel guilty, you can only do so much you know! :D