PDA

View Full Version : School to part fund mindee

cuffleygirl
18-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Does anyone have experience of this?

I have a mindee who has some problems and has recently been excluded. School and parent are working well together (I have pledged support also) to keep mindee in school and don't want the situation to escalate to this level again. I have to add at this point mindee is not a danger to self or others but can be extremely unco-operative (never with me) and make delivering a lesson near impossible.

School have asked parent to pick up when this happens, parent obviously has concerns with keeping job if asked to collect regularly or at certain times of the day, school suggested I do it, parent said that they couldn't afford this and to our surprise school said that they would!:eek:

I am keen to support mindee, we have a terrific relationship and want it to continue and tbh he keeps me going through all the other gripes as I truly feel like I am making a difference, but also I am a business and have let a lot go for this mindee/parent.

Has anyone else had this situation? How does it work does it mean any restrictions etc for me? My last inspection was 6 months ago.

TheBTeam
18-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Didn't want to read and run, I have no experience of this, but i can not see what issues there can be if you can state that any time during the day the older one is with you it will not impact on your care of the little ones, i think you also need to put firm guidelines in place as to when the school may call you etc as you don't want to be thinking any minute that the minute the going gets tough for the teacher they will be on the phone, the child may well play on this and you could end up with them far too much!

Pipsqueak
18-12-2009, 02:03 PM
sorry no experience of this either but can I say well done you for supporting the whole family and school like this - you star:clapping:

mandy moo
18-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Good advice from the B-team,
The only experiance I have of exclusions is when my my son was excluded for 1 school day, the head sent him home with enough work to last him the whole day, and expected it back, to be marked the following morning!!
I let my son have an hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks as per school, and the work he had to do took him all day!
This was before I started minding so he was in year 4 and I remember not having much time to do the usual stuff ie house work, washing etc that day.

Do you think your mindees school will be the same?
If so, its possible bearinging mind my experiance, it may impact on your other mindees.