PDA

View Full Version : So does everyone finish up tomorrow then??

Pudding Girl
17-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Am feeling very jealous of those finishing up tomorrow, please tell me I am not the only one who still has a bit left to work??

Pipsqueak
17-12-2009, 09:38 PM
YES YES YES I finish at 1.30 tomorrow, have some mindees here for James birthday after school and once they all go home that it - finito till 6th Jan
Downside - no pennies

Gizmo
17-12-2009, 09:41 PM
I was supposed to be working up until Xmas eve but found out tonight I finish on Tuesday yippee :clapping: until the 5th Jan for one and 6th for the other

Alibali
17-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Not me, working till wednesday:)

sweets
17-12-2009, 09:43 PM
i dont finish till wednesday:( . it was my choice really as parents asked me ages ago when i was working up to.

i really really wish now that i had said tommorrow instead:(

desparatly ready for a break:(

Tatjana
17-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I wish! I am working all the way through, apart from the public holidays, boo hoo!

xx

amirose
17-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I am working til 7pm mon-wed next week then I have just got one on christmas eve until about 1pm then I finish up till 4th Jan (which so happens to be my birthday :rolleyes: )

Pudding Girl
17-12-2009, 09:56 PM
desparatly ready for a break:(

me too, am clinging on by my fingertips right now looking down that tunnel towards the light LOL

I finish Tuesday, would have liked to finish tomorrow but the schools here aren't breaking up till Tues :rolleyes:

Zoemum2four
17-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I finish tomorrow 5.30pm :clapping: :clapping: and dont go back until the 4th of jan 2010.....:clapping: :clapping:

charleyfarley
17-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I finish Wednesday at 5.30, a minute later and there will be trouble :D

One of my parents finished Tuesday and yes I still have lo till next Wed:mad:

I really need a break and am counting down the days, I really wish I'd booked holiday this year

Carol xx

Lady Haha
17-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I finish on Tuesday as I'm off on holiday on Wednesday! I start back on the 29th Dec. I am really looking forward to the days I am working as I have such good stuff planned!!

I usually work right through, but most of the parents take the time off themselves and last two years I have been left with one or two mindees on the odd day which is rubbish!! This year I think they panicked cos of me not being here as I have six on Monday and five on Tuesday!!:laughing: :laughing:

Bitsy Beans
17-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Sadly yes I finish tomorrow. My mindee for wrap around is term time only and because Christmas and new year fall on Friday (my only full day per week) I won't be working either (and therefore no money :( ) after tomorrow.

kindredspirits
17-12-2009, 10:19 PM
nope, i finish at 2pm on xmas eve and start again on the tuesday :rolleyes:

angeldelight
17-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Am feeling very jealous of those finishing up tomorrow, please tell me I am not the only one who still has a bit left to work??

Wish I was finishing tomorrow

I finish Tuesday

Angel xx

The Juggler
17-12-2009, 10:24 PM
me too. off monday then 0800 to 1800 tues. then I am free!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
17-12-2009, 10:53 PM
roll on 15.30 tomorrow! :clapping: thats me then till 4th Jan :clapping:

Pauline
17-12-2009, 11:00 PM

Working till 4.30 pm on Christmas Eve so you are not alone :rolleyes:

Twinkles
17-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I finish on Weds 'till 4th Jan :clapping:

peanuts
17-12-2009, 11:11 PM
dont finnish up till 6pm on wednesday night. Schools finnishing late this year and going back on 11th january. would have much preferred to be finishing this friday and going back earlier than the 11th jan

Heaven Scent
17-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I wish! I am working all the way through, apart from the public holidays, boo hoo!

xx

You are not alone - had such a lean year this year that I've had no choice and I had a new family start just a couple of weeks ago so that is my lot - I've asked a mum if grandma who has one mindee on a Monday would swop Monday for Christmas Eve for me and the blooming grandma said no. Well next year I will state that I'll be open but charging double in the days around christmas - I've been a goon a real total goon. Mum says that she may be able to take a half day as she has a half day hol left. I'm ****** off because I said I want to turn my playroom back into a dining room and I can't do it while caring for a child so now I have to eat my Christmas dinner with shelves of toys all around me. 'king great!!!!!!!

Pudding Girl
18-12-2009, 12:08 AM

xx

I did last year or at least was supposed to, same old story though get up early and re-cmify the hosue then get a call after 90 mins or so saying oh we changed our minds grrrrr (still paid of course!) so this year I said I wasn't messing about having the odd ones here and there, I was taking the whole time off :p

Celeste, do it while the child is there, sure they'd love to help you xmas up your room :)

nannysue
18-12-2009, 01:30 AM
I'm working up to Christmas Eve !! but this year i have said only until 2pm usually its about 6o'clock. I need some time to de-glitter the place !!!:eek: all i can see is twinkly bits everywhere.:laughing:

madasahatter
18-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm working until 4pm on Wednesday. I don't have many holiday mindees. I have 1 LO in the hols and he is just about to turn 4 yrs old, one 7yr old (1 day only) and one 11 yr old all 3 days.
The 11 yr old I only have for 1/2 hour each end of the school day so until next week we won't have had time to do any Xmas crafty things so it's a mad blitz for them to get lots of things done.
On Tuesday when I will have all 3 mindees plus DS I'm thinking of taking them all to the cinema to watch Nativity....has anyone seen it? is it any good?

Gherkin
18-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm working til 5pm on wednesday and start back in the 4th of Jan.

Feel on the point of collapse so am not only counting down the days but the seconds, minutes and hours as well.

mandy moo
18-12-2009, 03:09 PM
You are not alone - had such a lean year this year that I've had no choice and I had a new family start just a couple of weeks ago so that is my lot - I've asked a mum if grandma who has one mindee on a Monday would swop Monday for Christmas Eve for me and the blooming grandma said no. Well next year I will state that I'll be open but charging double in the days around christmas - I've been a goon a real total goon. Mum says that she may be able to take a half day as she has a half day hol left. I'm ****** off because I said I want to turn my playroom back into a dining room and I can't do it while caring for a child so now I have to eat my Christmas dinner with shelves of toys all around me. 'king great!!!!!!!

Me too:( When I injured my leg back in Feb I was off work till Easter, The child who 'caused the accident', I didnt take him back,
L's dad got a new job so was able to take and pick up L from school, so lost that one,
and T, my 28 mth old now only comes to me 3 days a week and private nursery for the other 2:(
Ive only had 3 enquires since:(
Xmas is rather lean this year:(

ChocolateChip
18-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I am working on Christmas Eve- possibly until 6pm but mum did say she was getting an early finish, not sure what time.
Then I have a few days off, working Tues and Thurs (n/y eve) and then am back on the 4th.
Last year nobody wanted me, this year it seems they do!

helenlc
18-12-2009, 05:05 PM
I am working til 6pm next wednesday then off until the 4th!!:thumbsup:

Hebs
18-12-2009, 05:14 PM
nope,

out of the christmas holidays i only have 2 days off, christmas eve and christmas day :thumbsup: even working boxing day, new years eve and new years day

some go back to school on monday 4th, another tuesday 5th and last 2 go back on wednesday 6th, but i go on holiday on the 11th Jan for 2 weeks so more looking forward to that than anything else :D

zillervalley
18-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi

i am working till wed next week and two half days the following week

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Just got Tuesday left :clapping:

georgie456
18-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm working until 1pm Christmas Eve :(

Ripeberry
18-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Finished at 2pm today and when mum collected it was snowing! Little mindee had not seen snow before (too young last year). I will miss him for these 2 weeks but at least we could put up our real Xmas tree this evening :clapping:

amanda1309
18-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I finished at 4.30 for 2 weeks. Woo Hoo:clapping:

Just been to a fireworks display at dd school as headteacher is retiring, it was a great way to start my xmas hols.

Desi-101
18-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't have any mindees at moment, wish I was working lol, toss them my way if you want the break :clapping:

The Juggler
19-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I am working on Christmas Eve- possibly until 6pm but mum did say she was getting an early finish, not sure what time.
Then I have a few days off, working Tues and Thurs (n/y eve) and then am back on the 4th.
Last year nobody wanted me, this year it seems they do!

I did this for 3 years every xmas eve and new years eve until 6pm and the days in between. I stopped and for last two years haven' tdone it - it's bliss!

beccas
19-12-2009, 01:42 PM
i finish 7pm on wed 23rd just found out today yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss but back to work on 29th.