PDA

View Full Version : Firemen coming to visit tomorrow!!

maisiemog
17-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I've arranged for the free hone safety check that the fire service do and I'm secretly hoping that I get a good looking one!

Straightening my hair, doing my nails and shaving my legs especially for the occasion as well!!! Not telling dh its for the hopefully dishy man in uniform....might let him think I'm going to this effort for him :blush:

venus89
17-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Shaving your legs for it?!!!!!!!

Mine was a very sweet, quite old guy. No uniform and not even a fire engine but he did give me a free pen...... Hope your dreams come true!! :laughing:

solly
17-12-2009, 08:07 PM
When i had my fire inspection when i first registered i had the full works:) I had the fire engine with full crew in uniform and at the time my DH was out. My boys were little at the time and thought it was great to have a fire engine parked outside the house.
I was the talk of the village for days:laughing:

venus89
17-12-2009, 08:09 PM
When i had my fire inspection when i first registered i had the full works:) I had the fire engine with full crew in uniform and at the time my DH was out. My boys were little at the time and thought it was great to have a fire engine parked outside the house.
I was the talk of the village for days:laughing:

Ah but did you get the free pen? And hand puppets for the kids? Hmmmmm :)

Tink
17-12-2009, 08:14 PM
When I had mine they arrived in the fire engine and parked right outside my house. They were really nice but I had all the nosy neighbors round asking if I were ok? They just wanted to see the firemen really!!!

charleyfarley
17-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I have to rearrange mine as I was ill when he was due to visit so I cancelled.

You enjoy yourself tomorrow and I really hope he's worth ogling :D

Carol xx

Amaranth
17-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I had the safety inspection when I first registered and had the full fire engine and crew round! They thought it was a wind up at first as my neighbour is a firefighter and they thought it was him that had phoned for the check! :laughing:

One of the batteries on the alarms went a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would just be able to get a new smoke alarm from one of my mindees parents who is a firefighter but he said they all have to be accounted for now so I would have to have the safety check again....... oh what a shame!!:laughing:
They came last Friday in fire engine again. It's amazing how quickly the neighbours were at the windows! :D

angeldelight
18-12-2009, 07:36 AM
I've arranged for the free hone safety check that the fire service do and I'm secretly hoping that I get a good looking one!

Straightening my hair, doing my nails and shaving my legs especially for the occasion as well!!! Not telling dh its for the hopefully dishy man in uniform....might let him think I'm going to this effort for him :blush:

Have a good time and hope the extra effort is worth it

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

maisiemog
18-12-2009, 02:29 PM
well that was a bit disappointing. Not only did I not get a fire engine come, just the little fiesta with the glosfire logo on but there was a definate lack of talent as well!

They were lovely but probably the same age as my dad....not exactly what I was hoping for. Rang DH who thinks its hilarious, espec as I got myself looking all pretty!!! Just gonna have to get DH to take me out for dinner tonight so the effort isnt wasted!!!

venus89
18-12-2009, 02:34 PM
well that was a bit disappointing. Not only did I not get a fire engine come, just the little fiesta with the glosfire logo on but there was a definate lack of talent as well!

They were lovely but probably the same age as my dad....not exactly what I was hoping for. Rang DH who thinks its hilarious, espec as I got myself looking all pretty!!! Just gonna have to get DH to take me out for dinner tonight so the effort isnt wasted!!!

oh no :panic:
You'll have to ask DH to dress as a fireman for you and ask him if you can slide down his pole..... :blush:

Minstrel
18-12-2009, 04:40 PM
You'll have to ask DH to dress as a fireman for you and ask him if you can slide down his pole..... :blush:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:blush:

PixiePetal
18-12-2009, 05:19 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maisiemog
18-12-2009, 05:27 PM

:blush: Don't go giving him ideas.....he's in my bad books cos he wont take me out for dinner :laughing:

venus89
18-12-2009, 05:39 PM
:blush: Don't go giving him ideas.....he's in my bad books cos he wont take me out for dinner :laughing:

:laughing: well, then he owes you doesn't he?!