PDA

View Full Version : Attending Medical Appointments

maisiemog
17-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Hey ladies,

I just wondered what you all do about attending medical appointments???? I've just been referred to a consultant at the hospital and I know that I'm likely to have quite a few appointments and blood tests over the next few months.

How do I manage this with mindees? Don't want to mess anybody around but obviously can't avoid seeing the consultant. Also don't want to avoid taking anybody on because of this as potentially it could take forever to get an appointment.

Any advice??

angeldelight
17-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I have been to the hospital a few times lately and I have more appointments in the new year

I have explained to parents so I do try to work around it if not I have to book the day off

I do not take children with me

Parents have been really understanding so I guess I am lucky

Angel xx

venus89
17-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I've had to go to the hospital to have my back looked at - Mum was happy for me to take mindee. I think the thng to do is consult the parents, see if they're ok with it. You can build it into your planning, role playing doctors etc

angeldelight
17-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I've had to go to the hospital to have my back looked at - Mum was happy for me to take mindee. I think the thng to do is consult the parents, see if they're ok with it. You can build it into your planning, role playing doctors etc

Good idea

I am unable to take children with me due to the nature of my appointments otherwise I would have

Parents will have to work with you

Angel xxx

maisiemog
17-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the advice. Great idea to link it into eyfe. Will defo be doing that if I can!!

Dont mind taking the children to some of the apppointments if parents are ok with it, or for my blood tests but some of them I wont be taking dd so defo not a mindee!