PDA

View Full Version : Another quick Busy Bees question!

Lady Haha
17-12-2009, 10:38 AM
If the payment has been presented does that mean it's definately on the way to my account even if I haven't had an email to tell me this time? This is only the second payment. The first one was beginning of Dec, it was showing as presented on their site, I had an email and two days later it was in my account. Mum has presented this payment because it's money 'tied up' from when I was off for three weeks last month with pneumonia and she wants me to draw it out and give it straight back to her. I'm happy to do that, no problem at all, she is lovely mum who always pays on time (only just gone onto busy bees recently).

She told me last week she had presented it, but it wasn't on line so I told her. She came back to me to say that it was because I had my settings to 'monthly' and it needed to be 'daily'. I changed it and now the payment is showing up online as presented. But I've not had an email this time. It was showing as presented yesterday.

I'm worried I won't be able to give her the money before I go away next Wednesday!

So, all of you who are paid my busy bees, when you get paid late as I've read some of you have done, was it showing up as presented?

Sorry for ramble!

Minstrel
17-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately it is illegal to give a refund on childcare voucher money.

This is because no income tax has been paid on it. (you will pay it when you do your accounts but if you give it tomum then no one will.)

The other option is to 'credit' her account with you and make the next bill less by the amount owed.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-12-2009, 04:28 PM
If she wants the money repaid it will have to be from BB to her employer and then paid to them otherwise you are money laundering and it is classed as fraud.

Sorry

Lady Haha
17-12-2009, 07:21 PM
OMG!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't realise this and I don't think she does either cos she really isn't the type to do something like that!!!!

So what should we do now then!!! The payment is coming to me so I could just make it January's payment and all would be good!

I'm not sure what is going on here? I didnt' really understand how it could be 'tied up' anyway. She was paying me cash at the beginning of each month and then the first month it was going to be Busy Bees, I was off sick, so I didn't get paid by her or Busy Bees. How have they got her money then??? I assumed at the time that as I hadn't charged her and I hadn't been paid, that she hadn't spent any money, she didn't pay it, so shouldn't be getting a refund anyway!!!

I am so lost now!!!

Should she then not pay me again at beginning of January (as this payment covers it) and resume paying at beginning of Feb? It is up to her to 'release' money to busy bees isn't it??? I really don't know how it all works!

And what an earth am I going to tell her on Monday when I see her!!!

The long and short of it is, as far as I can see, is that she is paying me now instead of at beginning of Nov and wants me to refund it which I am obviously not allowed to do!

I just want to be clear in my head that she is not missing out on money she that is rightfully hers and Busy Bees have stashed away, when I tell her that this payment will now have to be January's fees as I can't involve myself in anything illegal.

Oh, my head hurts! Sorry, but I really really need further advice on this!!!

Lady Haha
17-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi again, just rang the mum and she was just as surprised as I was about it being money laundering!!!

So, I have told her the following and she is in agreement and I just wanted to run it by you all to see if its a good solution!

She has paid 243.00 now which I am keeping, but needs to be credited back to her.

She normally pays 211.00 (valid reason for diff amount which I won't bore you with now!)

January 1st she can pay 11.00 thereby crediting her back 200.00

February 1st she can pay 168.00 thereby crediting her back 43.00

Does this sound okay?

Thanks again!