PDA

View Full Version : pregnant mum

greanan
16-12-2009, 11:52 PM
hi everyone. looking for some advice please. one of my mindees mums is pregnant. she is due the end of march but knows that she wants me to take the baby when she goes back to work in july. I already look after her other 2 children and they will continue to come to come whilst mum is on maternity leave. This week i had a couple of parents phoning and asking if i had spaces for thier LO's. Anyway, if i take these new children on i iwill not have enough spaces for the new baby. What should i do? Should i tell the parents i can take the new kids on but only till July or should i be charging pregnant mum something to keep space open for new baby? Thanks

devoncm
17-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Anything can change between now and july, id probably take on the enquiry you have had then when the time comes if needed apply for variation as you have the older siblings, you may find that these new parents dont come anymore for one reason or other or that the children are older so you are able to fit baby in anyway

haribo
17-12-2009, 01:14 PM
if your pregnant mum definately wants you i would tell the others you will be free till july and let them decide if they want you on that basis . if they do you cant charge a retainer for the new baby though . if they dont use you you can charge a retainer for the new baby but not until its born i dont think.

katickles
17-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Mum can't pay any kind of retainer fee until her baby is born. After then you could charge her a fee to keep the place.