PDA

View Full Version : HELP emergency childcare needed for weds 23rd in Barrow-in-Furness Cumbria

sophiestars
16-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi as the title suggests I am hoping there is a fellow minder out there who may be able to help out with some emergency childcare next wednesday 23rd dec.

My mother-in-law passed away this morning (it was expected, she has been very poorly after having a stroke in May) and the funeral is being arranged for next wednesday. I live in the south and we are 7 hours drive away from my Parents-in-law up in Walney Island / Barrow, in Cumbria. We were due to travel up on the weds for Christmas but will be going a couple of days earlier now.

My problem is I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, who are too young to come to the funeral and I don't know anyone up there who could look after them for me as all family/friends will be at the funeral too. I want to be there to support my other half so I am hoping there is someone out there who can help!

Failing that, can anyone give me the number for your Children's information service so i can get some childmonders' numbers?

Thanks Sophie

sarah707
17-12-2009, 07:51 AM
We have a forum member in Barrow - I will pm you! :D

Hebs
17-12-2009, 08:00 AM
sorry for your loss, hope you manage to find childcare x

LittleMissSparkles
17-12-2009, 06:32 PM
sorry for your loss I hope you find some childcare xxx

The Juggler
17-12-2009, 06:45 PM
sorry to hear your news. hope you find someone.