PDA

View Full Version : Telephone scam

tammys-tots
16-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Hi i have just had phone call from someone saying that they had phoned me in june ( they hadnt) then said 'leaflets/ books are ready to be sent!' (childprotection), they have already put my details on the back.
Then she mentioned the money 250 pound lol i said i have not agreed to this she said you have when i phoned you in june, so i then asked for her number she put the phone down. It happened to my friend last year! sent books to her and to local school with her cm details on and sent her nasty letters demanding money!

Just wanted to let you all know, have a nice xmas and new year!
Tammy

Pipsqueak
16-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Similar has happened to several minders on here:(

It might be a good idea to let your local FIS and DO know so they can let other minders know :thumbsup:

Tink
16-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I had a call this morning, woman knew my full name which I questioned straight away, anyway i'd won a "FREE" holiday!!!! all I had to do was pay £300 ???? I thought it was free, she said i'd been chosen out of 5000 people! YEAH RIGHT.

Thanks for the warning, some people are just nasty, I hate when they phone and ask personal questions, such as can i have your date of birth? I hate this who are you first?

venus89
16-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the warning.

Whty can't these people just do an honest job like the rest of us :panic:

Blue Boy
16-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Love
Mick xx

Desi-101
16-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Forewarned is forearmed! thanks for the warning:D

devoncm
17-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Think i had this call other day, about books/leaflets being sent to schools and stuff, didnt get to the money bit but when i said ive not ordered anything like that over the phone they hung up