PDA

View Full Version : THAT moment

Pipsqueak
16-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Do you all get a moment when you realise that you and your mindee have fully bonded.
I can't quite describe it.

As I just dropped J off at home about 10 minutes ago, he said bye and gave me a hug
As I drove away my heart suddenly 'jumped' and I was flooded with a feeling for this little boy a bit like when you get that overwhelming feeling of love for you own kids every so often.
I have experienced it before with the other kids I care for but this is the first time I have really acknowledged it properly.

He has been a bit of a hard to reach child and although he was settled here and things have been going great I was beginning to wonder if I was reaching him.

How soppy does that sound!:blush:

Blaze
16-12-2009, 03:02 PM
You soppy moo - but yes i know exactly what you mean...the season must be getting to you!;) :D

sue m
16-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Aahhh, I'm a soppy moo too :clapping: I've had that feeling a few times over the last 20 years and funnily enough I felt it this week with my latest one. He's a year old and I only have him 2 days a week but I definitely had "the feeling" yesterday and Monday and he's started screaming and putting his arms out for me when Dad takes him home. :o

venus89
16-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I haven't had it with all of mine but it's lovely when it has happened. I always think it's like being an Aunt - you can really love them and genuinely care for them and it's lovely :D

The Juggler
16-12-2009, 05:20 PM
not soppy at all. it's lovely. I had a visit from mindee who left in April. I see him and mum every few months. I picked him up for a hug when he left and it was soooo nice, he was one of those you bond extra specially with....x

sarah707
16-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Nice feeling :D

Desi-101
16-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Aww that's so nice, when that happens you know you doing something right :)

TheBTeam
16-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I have only ever had it with 3 little boys, funnily enough they have all been October babies, I am married to an October baby, maybe I like in them what I liked in him, there has just been something about them that has made me bond better with them, and they can make me smile anytime no matter how bad things are, two of them have now finished and i really miss them.

sweets
16-12-2009, 09:08 PM
i am just waiting and hoping that it will happen with my little screamer! he is such a cutie when he smiles but it rarely happens:( . i dont really enjoy the days he comes as they are such hard work! and mum wants me to have him another day a week after christmas, i have the space but i just dont know if i can cope with another day a week of it.:blush:

miffy
16-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Aawww bless, I don't think you're soppy at all - it's a lovely feeling, hold on to it!

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
16-12-2009, 09:31 PM
My little 15 month old mindee has been with me since he turned 12 months old and in the last 4 weeks or so, he has come out of his shell and enjoys playing 'jokes' on me and I've actually got him to laugh out loud as before he hardly made a sound.
I feel bonded to him :)

nikjam
17-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi, how lovely ti have that feeling for a mindee, I have siblings a girl aged 4 and a boy aged 2, the little girl leaves tommorow for school start in Jan but the 2 year old will stay with me. She is amazing very chatty, happy and all you could ask for and I love her to bits and pieces, I'm feeling so sad about her going, however her brother who is very articulate at home for a 2 year old will not look at me or talk to me at all (i've had them for a year):( , I'm hoping to break the barrier and have the same feelings I have for his sister really soon. Well done you for managing it!! :clapping:

Trouble
17-12-2009, 08:41 PM
one of my mindee calls me a name and she says it all the time when i ring there house and grandma answers she says its xxxxx bless:D

Shivvie
17-12-2009, 08:49 PM
It's funny you should ask this, as it has just happened to me for the first time :) I've been childminding for 3 years and have 7 children on my books at the moment but today is the first time I have actually felt exceptionally close to a child (other than my own). Don't get me wrong, I care a great deal for all of the children I mind and love being with them, but I've never had THAT feeling and I was beginning to worry that I never would!

The little boy, aged 22 months, just came over to me, ready to sit on my knee, and he had a really cute smile on his face. I just had the urge to grab him and give him the biggest hug :) and got a lovely 'huggle' back. Ah, I'm so glad it's happened :jump for joy:

Pudding Girl
17-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Yep that feeling is lovely :)

I've looked after lots of children since I started and 2 I have completely not gotten on with at all, majority are lovely and I care for them obviously yes but there's 2 of them who I feel like that about, very good strong bonds :)

I know in the boy one it's because he reminds me of my own boy at that age, not sure what it is with the girl though :)

amirose
17-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I look after a little girl who is now 6. She started with me 4 weeks after her dad died :( It meant we really bonded really fast because I admired her and her strength at such a young age and she needed lots of love and support. I can honestly say this little girl is like my baby - lol :laughing: - I love her to pieces. Her mum really appreciates the bond I have with her and laughs at me when I get all protective over her :blush: I would look after her for free, in fact I offered to do so tomorrow if her school shut because of the snow!!!

angeldelight
17-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh thats lovely Pip

I am sure he feels the same about you

Angel xx

helendee
17-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I know just how you feel and I only wish that I felt it with all of my mindees but of course it doesn't happen like that. I am currently looking after 4 delightful little ones and I am very fond of them all but one of them, an eight month old baby has really captured my heart and we have a lovely bond, the strange thing is that he is actually the most demanding of all of them!

Pipsqueak
17-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh thats lovely Pip

I am sure he feels the same about you

Angel xx

I think he does and I think what when I realised 'that feeling' .
As Helen says in her post - he is quite a demanding chap - in as much he is lively and has some problems as well, plus he has never left mum before - ever , not even with granny. We had some problems at the start, not settling etc and I really thought this wasn't going to work out.
But the sparkle and trust in his little face when I pick him up, the way he takes hold of my hand, his enthusiasm, his efforts, his cheeky-play-peek a boo (I LOVE it when they put their hands over their eyes and think you can;t see them lol) - the progress this little man is making slowly but surely
My little tiddler dot he is.
Gave him his xmas pressie as it was his last day with me and he so proudly carried it into his home and put it under the tree.
Even the mum has said he has 'taken to me;

Makes me feel really warm and fuzzy:D

helendee
17-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Aw Pip that is really lovely and brings tears to your eyes. I love the total trust that children place in you and it breaks my heart to think how some adults abuse that trust. The unconditional love that you get from children makes this world a better place and a smile or a hug can make your day, even when you are almost horizontal with tiredness!:)