PDA

View Full Version : Notice period.

cher25
15-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Does notice period HAVE to given in writing or is verbal notice taking into account aswell?
Also when does the actual notice period begin, from the date they verbally say it, write the letter or when it is actually handed to you?

TheBTeam
15-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Personally if it is me giving notice i would put it in writing and if I gave it before noon I would expect that day to count.

If it is notice being given to me, then I am flexible, I would take a verbal notice and ask them to put it in writing and take the verbal notice as the start or if in writing when they hand it to me, with the same if it was given in the morning then i would count the day.

LittleAcorns
15-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I request it in writing (it just saves any misunderstandings, make sure you have the final day they need care) but would take the date from the day after they tell me

Pipsqueak
15-12-2009, 08:18 PM
oh cher, I take it that means the parent you were talking about the other day has given notice.

If parents give me verbal notice I confirm it in writing stating the day that they said to me (unless they state a date).

Hebs
15-12-2009, 08:21 PM
i would send them a letter dated yesterday INSISTING they pay your notice period within 14 days, or you will seek legal advice to recover fees.

NCMA will tell you to do this anyway.

you know your entitled to request your notice period fee's, so BE FIRM :D

cher25
15-12-2009, 08:22 PM
oh cher, I take it that means the parent you were talking about the other day has given notice.

If parents give me verbal notice I confirm it in writing stating the day that they said to me (unless they state a date).

This is the other parent's, that verbally gave notice last thursday night.