PDA

View Full Version : Social stories / visual timetables

sarah707
15-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Does anyone have any experience of using social stories or visual timetables?

I know the theory but would like to chat to someone who has used them with their children.

Please pm me if you can help! :D

breezy
15-12-2009, 06:49 PM
will pm you :)

angeldelight
15-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Depends what you want to know

Great for children that are Autistic and this is where I was first given the idea when the school gave me a special felt board with velcro to take pictures on and off - to help the autistic child I mind.
She loved it and found it so much more easier to communicate with me and the other children

I do sometimes use them with the older children because they do this at school also

We use mostly just picture cards for the younger ones and add words for the older ones

Also use Makaton for symbols and gestures also clipart

Angel xx

miffy
15-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Great for children that are Autistic and this is where I was first given the idea when the school gave me a special felt board with velcro to take pictures on and off - to help the autistic child I mind.
She loved it and found it so much more easier to communicate with me and the other children

Angel xx

I have used a visual timetable for an autistic child especially to help them learn concepts like "now" and "next" etc

Why do you want to know Sarah?

Miffy xx

Blaze
15-12-2009, 07:43 PM
You have all my details!:D :thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I have used a visual timetable for an autistic child especially to help them learn concepts like "now" and "next" etc

Why do you want to know Sarah?

Miffy xx

Yes Miffy same here

Also pictures of the bathroom - clothes - breakfast things - school - washing etc etc

xxxx

miffy
15-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes Miffy same here

Also pictures of the bathroom - clothes - breakfast things - school - washing etc etc

xxxx

I've done that too - use this website

http://do2learn.com/

very useful :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I've been asked to put something together about them for someone I really admire and I want to get it right!

I have lots of information that I've written up and really want to make sure it makes sense to someone who has used visual timetables.

I now know a lot more about them than I did a few weeks ago but it's book knowledge iykwim as I have never used them.

I've sent some stuff to Breezy... fingers crossed she thinks it's ok!!

thank you guys for your help as well :D

flora
15-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I hope you get this "just right " Sarah :thumbsup:

I am sure you will:D

breezy
15-12-2009, 10:36 PM
needless to say, its brilliant :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: