PDA

View Full Version : Her terms

disney
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
had a meeting with a parent to re - new contract , tried to explain that this time i did not want to start at 7am as i did not want to do it in the first place as i dont start untill 8am , but did it last time as a favour .just like i did not want finish at 6pm but 5pm . any way no, change in the mornings as she is still desperate so have agreed to them . so fro now on she has said she will pick her up at 5pm ( i know she is home before this any way )

but after agreeing to this she then said i thought that as a childminder you are supposed to help the parent and give them what they want not what you want and that her chilcare cost was so much & she resented paying it i was so :angry: well shell we just do it all on her terms then thats 7am - 6pm at £ 1.50 an hour ( i think not ) :rolleyes: by the way i did do it her way for 6 months and im £3 per hour

fionamal
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Theres just some parents that you can never please. Its your business so do it to please yourself and not them.

sarah707
06-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Ouch!

Some parents :angry:

LittleMissSparkles
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I would have politley said yes it is my terms as it is my business but you are quite welcome to look elsewhere, i would not have given in and done what suited her xxx

katickles
06-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I think thats really rude of her. If you wern't so accommodating she maybe wouldn't even be working as other childminders might not do the hours either.

I read on here so many times its your business & to do what suits you, but i suppose its hard. :)

chubbymummy
06-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I would have politley said yes it is my terms as it is my business but you are quite welcome to look elsewhere, i would not have given in and done what suited her xxx

here here :thumbsup:

miffy
06-03-2008, 04:14 PM
That was very rude of her when you have tried to help her

At least you know what she thinks now and so do not feel guilty about doing what you want

Miffy xx

Splish Splosh
06-03-2008, 04:58 PM
some parents really do take one. what a cheek.

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Cheeky silly moo moo!

wendywu
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Never appear desperate for the work or some parents will walk all over you. I never mind what i do if people are grateful for it. I reserve the right to say no, and to this parent it would have been NO!!:angry:

disney
06-03-2008, 05:42 PM
i said to her these are my terms if they dont suit you are welcome to go else wear and she replied i cant find another minder around hear that will do the early start . so i why are you moaning then .and then she started saying how its not fair she cant claim chilcare cost even though she is divorced as she earns too much :angry: she does my head in , but im just gonna laugh :laughing: x

Rubybubbles
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM
i said to her these are my terms if they dont suit you are welcome to go else wear and she replied i cant find another minder around hear that will do the early start . so i why are you moaning then .and then she started saying how its not fair she cant claim chilcare cost even though she is divorced as she earns too much :angry: she does my head in , but im just gonna laugh :laughing: xbest thing to do or we'd all be:censored: :angry: most of the time:laughing:

Banana
06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
what a cheeky cow!!!

im surprised you even did another contract with her. I think i would have found it hard

x

nell57
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
What a cheek, some parents think we are to do them favours not to provide a service for them

Helen

Annie_T
06-03-2008, 07:50 PM
shop open and close when they want not when we want so why should you start and finish when she wants.... ggrrr

good for standing up to her hun.. tho you only shifted tht one hour but it beta than none xx

disney
06-03-2008, 08:13 PM
i know you are all so right, i gave up my job as a nursery nurse because of the hours working 7am - 6pm . and became a minder so i could choose my own hours um think i need to go on one of these business courses or something :idea: x

Michelle M
06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Theres just some parents that you can never please. Its your business so do it to please yourself and not them.

Totally agree :)

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
God what a cheeky so and so

Angel xx

deeb66
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't believe what i am reading :angry:

She is such a cheeky cow.

what makes me laugh is that she knows she can't get another minder to take her LO at that time in the morning so she should count her blessings that you are willing to do it for her!

yummymummy
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
:angry: Parents like this make me so cross as one parent once said to me when quibbling about childminding costs and I pointed out cleaning hourly rates (she had a cleaner and an ironing lady and someone came to the house to valet the car once a week!) "A cleaner saves you time and a job so you have a choice but you HAVE to pay for childcare you have no choice.:angry:
Well actually they do have a choice, although many parents think it is a God given right, having a child means making a sacrifice and finances very much come into it!!!!
This woman will never change, try and get rid of her ASAP for your own sanity!!!:panic:

miffy
09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I'd just do this while it suits you then dump her when something better comes along

Sorry not professional I know but it's no more than this parent deserves

Miffy xx

disney
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
thanks every one probably will dump her one day soon , but will have to put up with her for now untill i find a replacment . i feel like shes using me but thats ok because now im turning it around and using her untill some thing better comes along she can do on my terms or not at all :laughing: x

Hopscotch
09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I hope you are charging her extra for the unsociable hours, what a cheek though remember it is your business, you choose the hours you work and if she doesn't like it she can f:censored:k off and find someone else to do it, which as she has already admitted no-one else will do those hours.
Bev X :D

Heaven Scent
09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Here Here everyone nothing to add except to give you my support.

Celine