PDA

View Full Version : What are you all charging over the Christmas period?

helendee
15-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I am really confused as to how much to charge parents this month. I have said that I am happy to work over the period between Christmas and New Year ( apart from the bank holiday days), but only one of the parents wants me to work on the Wednesday. Do you think that I should charge up until the end of the month as I am available but they choose not to use my services or should I just charge up until Christmas eve?

Thanks for any input.

Helen x

grindal
15-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I charge half fees during school holidays and am ignoring the fact there are numerous bank holidays scattered around to confuse the issue! That however, does not really help you!

hello kitty
15-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Nothing, I have booked it all off as holiday. :clapping:

ChocolateChip
15-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Think it depends on your contracts, Helen. If you charge all year (and haven't taken it as holiday yourself) then you would be entitled to charge them for normal working days whether they use them or not. However some parents may want to use everything they are paying for so you have to be prepared to accommodate them.
I have some on term time only, they don't pay me anything during the hols but I then give their space away if I want to.
I have one who is holidays only- she only pays for what she uses ( but it's always a full day, no part hours here and there )

I am probably a soft touch where the others are concerned, I say I take 2 weeks as holiday but as my oh has to work I am normally available if people need me, so if they do they just pay me for what they use.
That works for me as I can choose the days off that my oh gets, and still earn a bit the days he is working- it's usually only 1 or 2 families that use this time so it's more relaxed than normal!

The Juggler
15-12-2009, 02:20 PM
my normal monthly fee and taking xmas day as holiday and then taking a few more holiday days in between.

youarewhatyoueat
15-12-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't charge as I don't want to work!!!!
It depends what you agreed when each child started, this is something you should make clear to avoid any misunderstandings.Have a look at your contracts.

mushpea
15-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I have taken it as holiday cause my birthday falls between christmas and new year but if i didnt take holiday then i would charge full rate as thats what the contract states.

Mouse
15-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I charge full fee as that's what's in my contracts.

None of my parents have ever queried it, but they do know from the beginning that I take the whole of the Christmas school holidays off.

Hebs
15-12-2009, 05:26 PM
i have christmas eve/day as a PAID holiday so normal fees for me as i am working the rest of the time INC new years eve/day :thumbsup:

Zoemum2four
15-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Nothing, also got the whole of xmas off as holiday finish 18th dec back 4th Jan :thumbsup:

miffy
15-12-2009, 06:10 PM
It really does depend what you agreed with parents and wrote into your contracts.

Miffy xx

suez
15-12-2009, 08:02 PM
iv booked mine as holiday coz i knew 1 mom would send hers if i was available but i want the quality time with my own 3 kids x

Blue Boy
16-12-2009, 04:10 PM
We have taken the two weeks off on half pay as the last part of our leave for the year.

Love
Mick xx

Louise_Oaktree
17-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Bank Hols Full Fee but not technically open and parents fine with this. I have booked Christmas Eve off as I only have 1 mindee on a Thursday so not a huge amount of fees to lose. Other days full fee as I would have worked them but this year both mindees are being kept at home :clapping: my first Christmas off :D