PDA

View Full Version : arhhhhhhhhhh

Rubybubbles
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
OKay I'm normally really good and don't have much to moan about lo wize or parents but............

LO 2 yr 10 months, has been in pants since Middle Jan, everyday I send him home with a wet bag:( , thing is he is good at going, only if I ask him, and ask him and ask him(get the jusit!). So again today, after lunch do you need a wee *, no so left it 1/2 hour, again * says no, then he looks at me, I say do you need a wee *, yes, just a likle bit arhhhhhh wet trousers again I'm getting so :mad: peeveed with it all, I don't show it to him, I know it's not the thing to do but FFS. He goes to creche and is the same there, and this morning he was 20 mintues late because he had poohed in his pants and mum had to change him :(

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-I feel that mum was pushed into training him even though when she asked me I said, well he doesn't tell me when he goes in his nappy ect ect, as her own mum kept asking, he'll be 3 soon comments ect. I do feel if she put him back in nappies that wouldn't be the answer but I'm constantly on pins, having to take him up and put him on the loo just so not to have wet trousers!

Any suggestions welcome:D

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Must be hard for you Emma. Caitlin is still going through a stage where she is bringing a wet bag home from playschool now and again, as she just gets too carried away playing and then it is too late, or she will not sit on the loo for long and that means she dribbles her pants getting off the loo.

It drives me mad, cos she is starting school in september.

ma7ie
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
It must be hard for him too poor thing. I really feel for you. Hope you get it sorted soon. Sorry I can't be any help. :)

Lou
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I had a similar problem last yr Emma.

Mindees mum decided to put her in pants on her 2nd birthday!!!!!

I had poo and wee everywhere for months, it was soo frustrating. I even said i refused to take her out unless she was in pull ups etc.

Its only really now that she is nearly 3 that she has properly grasped it.

I strongly feel she was taken out of nappies far too early before she was ready and sounds the same as your mindee.

However i dont think there is an easy solution, as after that long you cant put them back in nappies, so all you can really do is persevere and keep reminding him.

Sorry no help i know, but im not sure what else to suggest xxxxxxxxxx

fionamal
06-03-2008, 03:34 PM
To be honest I would put him back into pullups as hes obviuosly not ready and then wait until he can tell you that he needs to go and take it from there. It works alot quicker if they know and understand than trying to drum it into them.

sarah707
06-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I would say he's not ready or he's doing to for attention/ control.

Whichever, he's not responding to reminding and only you know how much more your floors / sofa can take!

Doubtful the mum will let him back into pull-ups after all this time though, so you might well end up persevering :(

LittleMissSparkles
06-03-2008, 03:54 PM
it sound like mum is trying to conform and the lo wasnt ready xxx

hope it gets better soon xxx

Splish Splosh
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
hard one i know. I had a little one come to me before she was 2 in knickers, It took us a YEAR to train her constantly wet and dirtied herself, hard year for me!!! Though now she is fine just think her mum tried far to early.

miffy
06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry but if I thought the child wasn't ready to be toilet trained then I'd insist on having them back in nappies or pull-ups when they were with me

If mum/dad want to constantly change the child's clothes and clear up wee and pooh thats up to them but I don't want to

Miffy xx

flora
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry but if I thought the child wasn't ready to be toilet trained then I'd insist on having them back in nappies or pull-ups when they were with me

If mum/dad want to constantly change the child's clothes and clear up wee and pooh thats up to them but I don't want to

Miffy xx

I agree with miffy, do you have other children in your setting???

Could you have quiet and tactfull word with mum and say that as you do have others to care for this isn't acceptable to have one charge monopolising your time. Emphasise that you will do everything you can to support him but you feel he is just not ready and that if she wants you to look after him it's back to pull ups.
Tell her you won't stop taking him to the toilet, just pull ups make him more comfortable! Highlight that it's in his best interest to try again in a few months, that all kids develop at their own pace etc etc. Make it sound positive (if thats possible)

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

miss muffit
06-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi i would have a word with Mum and I would suggest putting him in pull ups, he doesn’t sound ready to me some parents push them tooooooo soon, Good Luck :) :) :)

Rubybubbles
06-03-2008, 05:59 PM
thanks for the advise guys;)

I don't have him again till Tuesday so had good talk with mum about it all, and how I'm feeling (hard but I was honest:o ) about his lack of progress. She has agreed that he's not doing as well as she hoped but we did go through a good patch (yeah honest about 1 week:rolleyes: ) , we we agreed to bring back all the charts and stickers ect for visual reminders (I said maybe he is just not thinking about it, as him and my dd don't stop, so if he sees the chart it might help him IYSWIM), ho hum, she said she'll let me know about his progress so thats good ,and she is good like that!

I'm really against pull ups:o I think if a child wees in them they get just as wet as if in pants! We both feel it would be a step back into nappies, so have to see with that one!

I have a leather sofa:clapping: , baby was not amused today though when I put him into the travel cot to sort * out, ho hum:rolleyes:

crazybones
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
thanks for the advise guys;)

I don't have him again till Tuesday so had good talk with mum about it all, and how I'm feeling (hard but I was honest:o ) about his lack of progress. She has agreed that he's not doing as well as she hoped but we did go through a good patch (yeah honest about 1 week:rolleyes: ) , we we agreed to bring back all the charts and stickers ect for visual reminders (I said maybe he is just not thinking about it, as him and my dd don't stop, so if he sees the chart it might help him IYSWIM), ho hum, she said she'll let me know about his progress so thats good ,and she is good like that!

I'm really against pull ups:o I think if a child wees in them they get just as wet as if in pants! We both feel it would be a step back into nappies, so have to see with that one!

I have a leather sofa:clapping: , baby was not amused today though when I put him into the travel cot to sort * out, ho hum:rolleyes:

I agree about the pull ups/ I have never been a fan of pull-ups only used them for long journeys. That said I have two 2 year old boys to start training soon and may change my tune. I have bought 2 packs of those new feelnlearn pull-ups when Sainsburys had them half price.

Annie x

Lou
06-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I agree pulls up are a total waste of time!!!!!

What exactly is the difference between them and a nappy????? children need to know whats its like to be wet and uncomfortable to learn.

Annie_T
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
oh dear oh dear

have you got a potty in veiw for him? tell him what it is etc and maybe he use it on his won accord.

i had keep asking with my boy it was nightmare always took him even if said no .. got there in end.

wish i could help hun other than what i said i cant sorry x

ruby
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
sorry can't help but if you find an answer let me know

we have a little girl who is 3 she doesn't ask to go but will go if we put her
she is due to go to nursery in April but to be honest can't see that happening as we don't think she will be ready
as this is a school nursery they like them to be dry

Cathy

deeb66
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I agree that pull ups are a waste of time and I really don't like them

However....I don't see why your carpet/sofa should have to suffer let alone the child.

he is obviously not ready and I think you need to speak to mum and she will either have to put him back in nappies or pull ups whichever she decides!

miffy
08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry Emma but I agree with Dee

Miffy xx