PDA

View Full Version : Feel like a really rubbish childminder

atmkids
15-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Having a bad day. My three under fives who until recently got on really well have now started arguing and fighting with each other constantly. The youngest girl bit the boy last week and I had to do an incident form and now she's just done it again. :panic: I'm at the end of my tether, apparently he pushed her so not completely blameless but doesn't deserve to be bitten. I wasn't in the room as I was tidying away the glitter etc. in the kitchen as we'd just been making calendars for the mums. I now feel guilty that I wasn't there to stop it happening but surely I can't be expected to be in the same room as them all the time.

I've had some nice christmassy activities for them to do but they just don't seem interested. They just want to argue with each other and make loads of mess. Sorry for the rant but I'm really struggling with this. I think maybe they're as tired as me :crying:

Blackhorse
15-12-2009, 11:17 AM
take them out for a walk in the fresh air...that gets you all out of the house and maybe things will be better after they have eaten and slept (if they do naps)

sending hugs!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
15-12-2009, 11:20 AM
hi, i would also take them out for a walk to to the local park.

Hope your day gets better :)

atmkids
15-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I would if I had time but one goes at 12 then we all have to get in the car and take another one to her nans and then the last one has to be at nursery by 12.30 so it's always a big rush. They're too old for naps as the youngest is 2 and a half, one is just 3 and the other is 3 and a half.

LittleAcorns
15-12-2009, 11:23 AM
YOU CANT BE EXPECTED TO WATCH THEM ALL OF THE TIME, YOU KNEW THEY WERE OK oooops caps sorry! Log it down as an incident again speak to both sets of parents involved, what is your discipline for this behaviour, careful explain to all concerned how you dealt with it, welcome their suggestions, does the "biter" do this at home aswell, a lot of children go through this and do grow out of it quickly!

Hope youre ok xx

lou lou
15-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi i seem to have lots of days like that i look after two boys who fight and have bitten each other i did a xmas activity the other day and it was mayhem as all they did was fight over every thing some days it can be very hard being a childminder looking forward to a xmas break maybe that is what they need hope it gets better i know exactly what you are going through.

Polly2
15-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I think its this time of year...kids are tired and over excited, we are tired, I have the same going on here today. 2 hyper toddlers who vie for my attention and one very sensitive one who is upset because of the stroppiness.

Sending hugs - I know how you feel :group hug:

And you are NOT a rubbish cm xx

Gizmo
15-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Sending you hugs
I feel the same my dd is 2 1/2 and mindee will be 3 next month and all they do is fight it is really getting me down :(

ChocolateChip
15-12-2009, 02:40 PM
i'm sure you're not rubbish, these things happen and they seem to happen all the time at the moment :(

Think it's like you say, everyone being a bit tired, stressed, over excited etc. my lot are just the same, big ones aswell!

youarewhatyoueat
15-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Its the time of year, everyone feels a bit like this, not enough daylight.
I find its really hard work taking them out in this weather its so cold, someone always needs a wee!!!!
But I do get out every morning its the only thing that keeps me sane, I go to 3 really good groups that have done xmas artwork and parties so I haven't had to do it at home.
One thing that has kept me going this year is meeting 4 new childminders, not on my doorstep but I meet them at the groups and they are all really friendly.
Roll on xmas hols I hope you've booked yourself plenty of time off to recharge your batteries.

atmkids
15-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for all the hugs ladies, made me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one. Went to town for some retail therapy in my afternoon off and spent £60 in New Look :blush: