PDA

View Full Version : New mindee started today, but will they be back?!

Tatjana
14-12-2009, 06:47 PM
My second ever mindee started today, all went well, she settled quickly, enjoyed lunch, slept easily and seemed to enjoy herself. YAY!

When mum picked up my youngest ds decided to behave like he was a feral child:blush: :( :angry: No matter what i said to him, it didn't work, he got worse and worse, I was so embarrassed and must have looked out of control of my own son...I wonder if they'll bother to come back.:eek:

xx

cs01
14-12-2009, 06:51 PM
It's so embarassing when that happens. My daughter's no better 9 months later!

mama2three
14-12-2009, 06:51 PM
try not to worry - my ds is the same. he rarely acts up but if he does its always at mindee pick up time. i usually try to laugh it off , through very gritted teeth! hes always tired by that time so that just adds to it i think.

Alibali
14-12-2009, 06:53 PM
It's a very common problem with our own kids at handover time, stay consistent and it will improve. I think parents like the fact that our children aren't perfect!

Tatjana
14-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for your replies, so good to know i'm not alone! I did try to laugh it off, it just went on for ages, I was willing the parent to leave so it could end:crying:

xx

mushpea
14-12-2009, 07:11 PM
my kids were right pains at pickup time, then sadly we did loose a child because of their behaviour but the parent said it was because the house was just too noisey and chatoic at pickup time and that their child was happy at my setting just the parent couldnt cope, after explaining to them why x was no longer commingand that this would mean they would miss out on nice things as i have less money they have now calmed down, mind you i do still have to remind them that if they dont have other children here then i would have to go out to work to earn the money to pay for their nice stuff!!

dont worry , i am sure they will be back tomoro, all parents know that kids are not little angels all the time

grindal
14-12-2009, 07:24 PM
You are so not alone in this! The only time my nearly 4 year old DS ever insists on "UPS" is when my mindees are being collected. It drives me mad - there I am trying to look all professional with a calm and orderly hand over and there he is, usually with no pants or trousers on bouncing around shouting UPS at the top of his voice. As soon as they leave it all reverts back to normal!!

TheBTeam
14-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I dont think there is one parent on this planet whose kids dont play up at some point, it is usually at the most inconvenient of times. I have always said to my mindees parents when there children play up and they see that they don't do it for me, to look at my children who do play up for me, just another proof that the kids are well aware who their parents are and they save the playing up for them.

I am not special in that the minded children don't play up for me, because I do something different, it is just that I am not their parent!!

sarah707
14-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Ds used to be awful when he was little.... mostly making me out to be a liar by questioning things I said to parents.

I used to despair sometimes.

It does get easier... honestly! Sending hugs xx

Louise_Oaktree
15-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Just be honest with them and talk it over when the come again - tell them you felt bad and that it is only when you are speaking to another adult - my little boy is an angel until i get new parents round and he just won't let me talk! I invite people when he's at pre-school now and they get to meet him later! He is usually fine with minded children's parents as he gets used to it.

If you know roughly what time collection will occur try and save a nice activity for then that will require relatively no input from you such as decorating biscuits or making cards etc - works for me :thumbsup:

Tatjana
15-12-2009, 09:47 PM
They came back, phew! :)

xx

Ripeberry
15-12-2009, 09:48 PM
That's a relief :thumbsup:

mammumof4
16-12-2009, 07:21 PM
i can relate to this!!!!!! so glad im not alone!!!!!:clapping:
my 7 and 4 yr old boys are the same at pick up times, jumping off the sofas, running around like maniacs, saying embarrasing things, the mindies ar no better, running around, hiding from dad, refusing to put coat and shoes on ect.my older kids (15 and 12) save up all there arguments aswell! it realy is a mad house at times!:blush: the worst was when my 7 yr old turned round to my 6 yr old minded child at pick up time and said "im so glad your going home, you have given me a headache!!" dont you just love them:angry:
ive found that making sure the minded children have coats and shoes on, bags at the ready and all the children have a warning just as dad pulls up outside :blush: helps ALOT!! lol, i also try and make sure my kids have a job to do upstairs if i can :thumbsup:

Tatjana
16-12-2009, 08:16 PM
i can relate to this!!!!!! so glad im not alone!!!!!:clapping:
my 7 and 4 yr old boys are the same at pick up times, jumping off the sofas, running around like maniacs, saying embarrasing things, the mindies ar no better, running around, hiding from dad, refusing to put coat and shoes on ect.my older kids (15 and 12) save up all there arguments aswell! it realy is a mad house at times!:blush: the worst was when my 7 yr old turned round to my 6 yr old minded child at pick up time and said "im so glad your going home, you have given me a headache!!" dont you just love them:angry:
ive found that making sure the minded children have coats and shoes on, bags at the ready and all the children have a warning just as dad pulls up outside :blush: helps ALOT!! lol, i also try and make sure my kids have a job to do upstairs if i can :thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: