PDA

View Full Version : Still confused!

twinkle3005
14-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I posted here last week about the childcare register but didn't get many responses so i'm trying again.

My understanding is that there are two parts of the childcare register, the compulsary part and the voluntary part. The compulsary part being early years 0-5 years and 5-8 year olds and the voluntary part being over 8 years.

My query is if Ofsted refer to the childcare register and mention 'older children' does this mean the 5-8 year olds (Older than early years as this is the compulsary register) they refer to 0-5 years as early years and over 8's as just that so am I right in thinking that a 6 or 7 year old falls into 'older children'.

It's all so confusing! I'm not looking for Ofsteds take on this, just what others would translate 'older children' as in the requirements for the compulsary part of the childcare register. Thanks

beccas
14-12-2009, 06:30 PM
i asked my ofsted inspector last monday aboutthis she said children upto august 31st after their 5th birthday are under 5 and children up to the age of 8 are older children and over eights as over eights.. hth

mama2three
14-12-2009, 06:34 PM
are you refering to the bit where it says older children are allowed to 'play out' whilst you are minding them. if so i think this has recently been clarified and the age is 11. im sure someone will be along soon who knows if thats right or correct me.