PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal???

OrlandoBelle
14-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I have just seen this ad on netmums.... is this legal what she is advertising? I know they changed the law recently, but I don't know where it stands now.

Do you need an evening out, a weekend away without the children or had a new baby and need a nights sleep?

I am a qualified childrens nurse with experience of children 0-16yrs including newborns, prem babies, twins, triplets and children with additional needs.

I have nursing, nany, night nanny, maternity nanny, proxy parent (24hr care) and babysitting experience.

I have experience with reflux, colic, bottle and breast fed babies, anaphylaxsis, diabetes, epilepsy and am trained in paediatric life support.

I have an enhanced CRB, am a non smoker, car driver with business use and have excellent references.

I am available evenings from 5pm inc overnight til 7am (neg) and all weekend including 24hr care.

Please contact me for my cv, detailed experience and rates.

Pudding Girl
14-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I would say yes as long as it's in the child's own home then it's babysitting/nannying.

OrlandoBelle
14-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh yeah, I never thought of that. There are loads of people on there advertising "babysitting" while parents go xmas shopping and picking up kids from school who are not registered. :mad:

youarewhatyoueat
14-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah, I never thought of that. There are loads of people on there advertising "babysitting" while parents go xmas shopping and picking up kids from school who are not registered. :mad:

You sound like you don't approve?

You can advertise as well, you'll earn more being a childminder with a level 3, crb and first aid than mums who just do it casually. Often 3/4 times as much per hour. Lots of agencies want childminders on their books, or just get the work yourself.

OrlandoBelle
14-12-2009, 06:45 PM
No I don't approve of people advertising picking kids up from school and looking after them til 6 or 7pm at night when they aren't registered, CRB checked, first aid qualified or insured . It's taking business away from us qualified childminders who took the time and trouble to register properly and strive to promote a good business.

venus89
14-12-2009, 06:59 PM
No I don't approve of people advertising picking kids up from school and looking after them til 6 or 7pm at night when they aren't registered, CRB checked, first aid qualified or insured . It's taking business away from us qualified childminders who took the time and trouble to register properly and strive to promote a good business.

But isn't the issue more that parents are putting their kids at risk if they are leaving their child with an unqualified and unregistered stranger?.......

mushpea
14-12-2009, 07:08 PM
but isnt that the parents choice to use somone unregistered ect? As a childminder i dont worry about these people because at the end of the day parents will choose to go with who the feel happiest leaving their children with and there is nothing you can do to stop them,,wether they choose a childminder or a nanny/babysiter its their choice, its the same when choosing between two childminders, they will go with who they are happiest and you cant do nothing to change that. (obviously I dont mean about the checks and first aid etc but their choice)

sweets
14-12-2009, 07:13 PM
before i decided to work from home i was a qualified nanny with years and years of experience, just because i wasnt regisitered didnt mean i offered inferior care, far from it! i am more qualifed than a lot of childminders i know.

this person also sounds very qualified to care for children, the word 'registered' doesnt mean that person is the best to care for children, there are a lot of registered childminders i know that stick to all the rules but i wouldnt leave my dog with them!

:blush: sorry to rant:blush: but i hate the way that nannies are sometimes put down by people on here.

OrlandoBelle
14-12-2009, 07:20 PM
OK, just to clear things up... I wasn't "unapproving" of the nanny in the first thread. I was talking about the other people on Netmums advertising unregistered care.

I'm not about to start a big debate about it. Everyone has their own opinions and thats their right.

Venus89, that's the other factor that concerns me too. Parents don't know who they're leaving their children with sometimes.

sweets
14-12-2009, 07:24 PM
OK, just to clear things up... I wasn't "unapproving" of the nanny in the first thread. I was talking about the other people on Netmums advertising unregistered care.

I'm not about to start a big debate about it. Everyone has their own opinions and thats their right.

Venus89, that's the other factor that concerns me too. Parents don't know who they're leaving their children with sometimes.

OK will let you off then! lol:laughing:

OrlandoBelle
14-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Lol, Sweets, I actually thought what she was doing was a good idea if it was legal. If I was registered for overnight care I would have liked to do the same, but i'm not unfortunately, neither do I have the room!:(

FizzysFriends
14-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Someone advertises that on my local netmums and I always presumed it was in the childs house.

venus89
14-12-2009, 07:47 PM
before i decided to work from home i was a qualified nanny with years and years of experience, just because i wasnt regisitered didnt mean i offered inferior care, far from it! i am more qualifed than a lot of childminders i know.

this person also sounds very qualified to care for children, the word 'registered' doesnt mean that person is the best to care for children, there are a lot of registered childminders i know that stick to all the rules but i wouldnt leave my dog with them!

:blush: sorry to rant:blush: but i hate the way that nannies are sometimes put down by people on here.

Absolutely no offence intended, Sweets..... The person described above sounds very well qualified to care for children, as are many parents etc with no formal qualifications. And conversely the fact that I had my CRB done three years ago doesn't meant that I've got a clean slate now..... Nannies often do a great job - I've nannied myself. And some can be awful, as can some childminders...... But personally if I had to send my kids to somebody who was a stranger to me I'd rather they were with Ofste, CRB checked, had first aid training etc.

Chell
14-12-2009, 09:11 PM

I thought the same when I was on Netmums the other day (same area as Aimie). There are lots of adverts for people offering to babysit, most with no crb checks, etc. I'd be worried about giving out my details to a total stranger on the internet. I'm happy to share small amounts of info on forums and when I've got to know people over time perhaps meet. With a post on the coffee house part you aren't getting to know someone at all. They could be anyone!

AliceK
15-12-2009, 10:15 AM
As has already been said if it is in the childs own home then there are no regulations and you could use anyone as a babysitter etc. However my eldest is nearly 6 and as much as myself and partner would LOVE to go out ocassionally I have never and would never leave my children with some random babysitter who I don't know from Adam. So basically it's a parents choice isn't it and I'm sure a lot DO use these people but personally I wouldn't touch with a barge pole (No offence meant I'm just a paranoid mother :) )

xxxxx

cherry pink
15-12-2009, 02:36 PM
hi guys if i read it right she is not saying she is a nanny but a childrens nurse....when i was a live in nanny (many moons ago) my boss also employed a childs nurse to look after the newborn mainly at night (in my bosses home) so she (my boss) could get some sleep and sometimes in the day or on my days off to look after baby and the other lo's. she had this nurse for almost a year.. oh how the other half live.....she was called a nurse as she had all the qualifications but did not generally look after sick children it was mainly the parents who liked the fact she was a nurse in case of emergency's