PDA

View Full Version : crawling baby

mamapink
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
hello
i have my partners cousins baby with me yesterday today and tomorrow
yesterday while he was here and on all fours he was lifting one arm up to reach for things when they came to collect him he was doing it and they were shocked as he had not done it before today he has crawled a couple of times the lengh of my rug and is becoming more and more confident at it and the progress since this morning is loads

here is my problem do i say anything to the mum and dad of let him do it for the frist time at home with them and just say he was so close today at doing it

have any of you witnessed childs firsts and did you let the parents discover it at home

bye pink:o

Twinkles
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
My family and I are completely blind to first anythings. I never see first steps, first teeth or anything important :D
The times I've had parents tell me baby has rolled over for the first time over the weekend or has taken first steps ' wasn't it lucky it happened over the weekend'. I think it's a real shame to take such a moment away from them that i would never let on we'd seen it first.

Blaze
06-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm the same as Twinkles!
Tasha:D

Sarsar3NCH
06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
We are blind to 'firsts' in our house too!

However I am now realising that my dd's nursery did this to me when she started walking. It happened at the weekend and they were not at all surprised on the monday morning, but hey I was delighted for years thinking I was the first one to see her walk!!

Sarah

ma7ie
06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I ask my parents what their feelings are on the matter. In my experience most want to know.

mamapink
06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
i am going to keep very quiet and when my two girls get back from school i will have to bribe them with sweets to keep quiet i think

:o bye pink

chubbymummy
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
i think it's only right for the parents to witness things first

we are blind in our house too

sarah707
06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
We don't spot firsts either... those are for parents! :D

crazybones
06-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I always ask parents if they want too know first. Even if they say yes I sort of mention it as in X was really about to take a step today try tonight and see if he will.

Annie x

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I think it is really nice of you not to spot first things and report them to the parents, if my old childminder told me Caitlin took first steps etc, I would have been gutted.

Rubybubbles
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
sorry but if baby comes to me 8-5 everyday I'm :censored: ****** likey to see the firsts!

Sorry if that sound harsh, but it took 2 weeks for a previous mum to notice baby had 2 teeth:censored: , I had already started brushing them and everything so now, I ask them do you want me to tell you and they do:D

My dd did everything for hubby when I worked weekends, I was just thankful that I could put the correct date in her booklet,

I have helped these children so much, why can't parents feel pleased for us for a change

sarah32
06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Im lucky my mindess mum understands that Im going to see more things than her as hes with me from 8.30 - 5.30 for 5 days a week. When she picks him up at night and he cries for me she gives him back and shes fine with that. Well she doesnt seem upset by it I hope.:)

Annie_T
06-03-2008, 08:16 PM
aww bless..

it a tricky one as the parents want be first one to witness it all

buildingblocks
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I ask my parents what their feelings are on the matter. In my experience most want to know.

I'm with you on this and depending on the situation - especially things where safety might be involved e.g. when they role over in case they fo it witha mum who wasn't aware and they rolled off the settee say (does that make sense)

love Kate

Angela234
07-03-2008, 09:49 PM
My mindee just before she went home today walked a couple steps then with encouragement walked 4 steps then Mum turned up so i told mum she tried a step or 2 then together we got her to try again and she walk about 5 to 6 steps Mum was thrilled and so was i its the first mindee iv'e seen take their first steps (except granchildren).
I was a bit unsure whether to say anything i think it depends if you think they would mind or not, i know this mum very well minded her older Daughter as well. We are here to encourage their children to progress onto the next stage so most must realise theres a good chance we wil see them do new things.

Angela

LittleMissSparkles
08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
My family and I are completely blind to first anythings. I never see first steps, first teeth or anything important :D
The times I've had parents tell me baby has rolled over for the first time over the weekend or has taken first steps ' wasn't it lucky it happened over the weekend'. I think it's a real shame to take such a moment away from them that i would never let on we'd seen it first.

I have to admit doing the same I d be gutted if I missed my child's 'firsts' xxx

Alibali
08-03-2008, 11:06 AM
I try not to see any firsts, however i do have a ds aged 6 who sees things, and he isn't always so good at not saying anything. Be warned!!! If you have small ones of your own you may need to blindfold/gag them.

Alison :)

deeb66
08-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Ever since I started minding i also made the decision not to tell the parents that I had seen a 'first' of anything.

jack was with a childminder from the age of 6 months to 18 months and each time that she told me a first had occurred it upset me and made me feel extremely guilty.

The day he took his first steps he was with her and it broke my heart and I sobbed for quite some time.....it seems a little over the top now but that is what I felt like at the time.

I made the decision at that point that I had to do something as I would continue to miss his 'firsts' and couldn't deal with that so I jumped at redundancy when it came up.

miss muffit
08-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi I think it nice if the parents see it first ....he will soon be into everything !

:) :)

mamapink
08-03-2008, 03:49 PM
hello everyone well thanks for your comments well we did not say anything and he crawed across the room once back at mummy and daddys

i missed my eldest daughter crawl for the first time
as i went on a rare girls night out she was asleep in her cot when i left . mother in law come round so hubby to be gets her back out the cot and she crawled .
i also missed her first steps while at mother in laws on a sunday afternoon i decide at the last minute to tag along with hubby to be to go to the corner shop
my dd was asleep having just put her down for afternoon nap i get a call 10 mins later form mother in law saying she has just taken a few steps ( she was almost doing it earlier)

i was gutted and mother in law claims full credit her 5 mins of imput ( i think it was fight or flight instintic kicking in )

so when i start to mind i think that i will be blind to all firsts

bye pink:p