PDA

View Full Version : Childs Eye Appointment

patevans
14-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I have been asked to put C's eye drops in an hour before his appointment which will dilate his pupils, she said he will prob not be able to focus and will prob fall over etc...has anyone else done this? I dont feel comfortable doing this and if he has an accident cos he cant see after i have out the drops in I could get into all sorts of trouble :eek: or I am just being silly :laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
14-12-2009, 12:52 PM
I've done this for my own children and they were fine, could see ok, they certainly weren't stumbling about. Could you put the child in a buggy when you do it, and pop the tv on for a bit, it may hold their attention long enough before being picked up.

little miss chatterbox
14-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Hmmmmm I've never had to do this! The hospital always put my children's eye drops in and then we have to sit around and wait for them to take effect. Would make life easier if we could do it ourselves!

Having said that - they have always been fine, my daughter has even been to school afterwards with no ill effect.

I would say you'll be ok, they do make their eyes a little blurry but my children have never had accidents. Maybe limit their activities to tv watching (although they may struggle to focus or read books with them to keep them calm and fairly still?

Good luck

singingcactus
14-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Same here, they didn't cause my little guy to stumble around either. He became sensitive to bright lights, but that's it.