PDA

View Full Version : i'm dreading her waking up....

Delly
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
my new mindee is asleep, shes been ok ish this morning but the last couple of days she has cried lots when she wakes up, an hour yesterday...

fingers crossed she'll be better today, its heartbreaking when she was crying so much and all she wants is mum..

she is very clingy and i'm finding that it is affecting my little man, who is 15mth old, hes never been clingy he's happy go lucky kinda chap, occupies himself, now hes clinging onto the other leg just because she is....

sure it will get better... fingers crossed....

Polly2
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Hang in there Delly I am sure things will improve with time.

Its probably just a stage she is going through and she will settle down soon.

Have you been minding her long?

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Gosh delly, I do hope it gets better. I feel sorry for her and you and the little one. I hope she settles better soon. X

allinatiz
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Hope she wakes up in a great mood for you!

Delly
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Hang in there Delly I am sure things will improve with time.

Its probably just a stage she is going through and she will settle down soon.

Have you been minding her long?

this week, and I've gone grey already.. lol (well purpley grey...!) :laughing: :laughing:

I know it'll get easier she just not settling very well. thanks xx

ma7ie
06-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I feel for you. Hope she's ok later.

berkschick
06-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Bless her, how old is she?

Its hard when they are too little to understand Mummy will be back soon.

Twinkles
06-03-2008, 01:31 PM
maybe it's the purple hair Delly :D

sarah707
06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
It's not easy when they seem so unhappy is it?

No advice - sorry - I'm there too - just sending a virtual, 'I know' and a hug :D

Delly
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
thanks all you really are all so nice.. :D

i have to say she has been like a different child this afternoon, and I had to wake her up from her nap..
She has eaten a little food, only cried for a few minutes then played until her mum just collected her.

so fingers crossed things will be the same when she comes next week, i don't have her till monday so hope we don't go back to square one then..

ma7ie
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Glad things were better. :D

Rubybubbles
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM
oh dear, hard sometimes, when you know a big hug from mum would make them feel better:(

but enjoy your few days before she's back

Only catching up on the purple hair thing:laughing: that is classic!

Banana
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Big hugs to you!!

It can be so tiring with a crying bub.

Hope you are ok and im keeping my fingers crossed its just a short phase

x

LittleMissSparkles
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
sending you hugs xxx

miffy
06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
thanks all you really are all so nice.. :D

i have to say she has been like a different child this afternoon, and I had to wake her up from her nap..
She has eaten a little food, only cried for a few minutes then played until her mum just collected her.

so fingers crossed things will be the same when she comes next week, i don't have her till monday so hope we don't go back to square one then..

Glad things have been better today

Will cross my fingers for monday

Miffy xx

Splish Splosh
06-03-2008, 04:54 PM
good luck for monday sure things will improve.x

miss muffit
06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi she will soon get used to you...its always hard when they have just started, it takes time for you both... i'm sure things will get easier :) :) :)

Mollymop
06-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm glad she was better this afternoon. I hope oyu have a good day tomorrow X

Annie_T
06-03-2008, 07:55 PM
aww bless ... its hard when kids cry lots and thye not your own ...

glad she was beta today and hope will be in future x

ruby
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
glad she was better for you this afternoon hope all goes well Monday

Cathy

Delly
17-03-2008, 01:08 PM
:update: Hi, just thought i'd update you on this, I have mindee today, after missing a whole week due to sickness (her's and my kids)
Its like starting from scratch again.. OMG.. and the worst thing about it is that after today i don't have her until next thursday, so will be like starting from scratch again..

She's finally asleep after lunch, I really hope she wakes up happier than she went to sleep. I feel for the poor poppet, she misses her mummy so much..

but it makes me miss my mummy too.. wish she was here.. :crying:
what would i do without all of you :0

Banana
17-03-2008, 01:52 PM
oh poor you!!

Hope that she wakes up in a good mood!!

I know just how hard it is so you are not alone!!! It doesnt help having such a big gap in between sessions!!

have a nice sweet cuppa!! Will make it seem a little better

xx

ma7ie
17-03-2008, 02:31 PM
It's so difficult when you're not having children on a regular basis especially when they are new starters. Hope she settles for you soon. Must be hard for both of you. :D

Tily Bud
17-03-2008, 02:32 PM
hope she settles soon xx

Heaven Scent
18-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I think we've all been there done that and got the Tshirt so we all do know how hard it i for you and the little one. I had one who used to be fed just before coming and was always ready for a sleep when he arrived - his mum had only jut stopped breast feeding before he started and he had never been separated from him it was so hard on him so he used to scream and scream until he was physically sick usually all over me for a few weeks every fri and sat evening I would be covered in sick rocking him to sleep and then have to sneak off to the shower as soon as he dozed off. On more than one occasion people knocked at the door when I was covered in rice puke. It lasted about 6 weeks and then stopped suddenly now he greets all of us with a huge big smile.

I also had afull timeer tart and he screameed for 2.5 days and then it gradually stopped and he's a real happy soul now - both of these were about 12 mth when they started so it was a bad age for separation.

As soon as she realised that you are providing her with a ecure happy environment and are seeing to her every need she will settle nicely and it will seem as if shes always known you.

I hope this helps you feel better.

Celine:) :) :)