PDA

View Full Version : letter from environmental health - food business as childminder in rochdale

nadmaj
06-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Got a letter from environmental health saying that as a childminder i'm a food business as well a a childminder so now i have to deal with them aswell as i may be "inspected at any reasonable time" grat as if it didn't add to the stress of ofsted inspections - got all my food hygiene certificate

has anyone else been inspected by environmental health and what have they said to change any tips please -

sarah707
06-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I haven't yet... but it's coming to everyone at some stage!

Have a look here

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/

And there's a long thread from Celine about her recent inspection around somewhere :D

Heaven Scent
06-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Yes I was inspected this day last week. Not too bad really and the left me Safer food better business which I went through while mindee was sleeping on Sat night so feel better for that now its not too bad and only means an extra few minutes of paperwork every day (poss not even that) A lot of it isn't relevant to us so no need to worry about it.

Just go on the site that Sarah mentioned, make sure kitchen spotless, have a cleaning schedule, food probe and record of your fridge & freezer temps take a look at 2 long threads from last week one started on Monday and the other on Thursday after the inspection and you will see the advice I was given and what I had to say after can't remember it all now.

If you have any questions just ask you can always pm me and I'll get all excited that I have a message and will get back to you asap.

Celine

katickles
06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I just got the safer food better business pack (Free of charge by the way! )delivered this morning. Just ring the food standards agency on: 08456 060 667. Realy useful pack with loads & loads of info in. It also has diary in for your records, can only help with ofsted inspections i think! :)

susi513
06-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I've had a visit. He wasn't interested in my food hygiene certificate or any paperwork. Just in what he could see in my kitchen, which unfortunately at the time included pile of dirty dishes in sink "you realise this is a health hazard?" he says and a laundry basket of clean wet washing on the floor, waiting to go out :( Which is another no-no. He thought I should put a table in the middle of my kitchen to improve on the lack of work top space available. I had to point out there isn't room to get 2 people in there comfortably, you're under each others feet so I considered that innappropriate. So he suggested I use the dining room as a prep area, which I agreed.

Heaven Scent
06-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Cheeky *** you should have asked him how big his kitchen was and would he prepare food in his dining room. My young fella asked me what I did about the problem of preparing cooked meals and meals with raw ingredients luckily I could say that I used one area of work space for preparing raw ingredients and the other for preparing things like sandwiches I've got a pretty big kitchen so but its actually very badly planned. Just be prepared to tell him that you regularly clean surface and use different chopping boards for different foods. I have some very thin coloured boards that I got from Makro and told him I used them on top of another board he seemed happy with that.

Celine

miffy
07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the website and tel no ladies

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 08:40 AM
I had to register over a year ago

But no inspection and I hope I dont get one ha

Angel xx

deeb66
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
At the moment our council are recommending that we don't register as they don't know exactly how to differentiate the difference between us and a catering business.

i am dreading it when they ask us to register!

Splish Splosh
08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
thanks for the website thats great.