PDA

View Full Version : photos for mindees..and more..

Blackhorse
12-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I want to do a photoalbum type thing for my mindees parents with some notes on the childrens activities etc

I have my basic format for it but have a few questions

1)where do you all get your pictures printed (preferably cheap)
2)do you make a photo album to keep for your setting too to show prospective parents?
3) how do you show photos as evidence to the CC or Ofsted?

thanks a lot...I am really stuck with this one

helenlc
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I get my photos printed at Boots or Asda - the more you have printed, the cheaper they are.

I have a few pages of photos in the back of my portfolio to show prospective parents and Ofsted.

Other than that I have them on disk, so would maybe consider having them showing on a slide show on the computer or TV for Ofsted.

Hope that helps

Blackhorse
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
thanks...thought of the slideshow on tv as well...but will mayve get a few 'god ones' printed too....

will check asda + boots..thanks!!

youarewhatyoueat
13-12-2009, 12:33 AM
There is not much point of posed photos, ofsted aren't interested in them, what they do want to see are photos showing what the child is doing , how this links to the eyfs, what they are learning and what the next steps are.
Posed photos are great for the parents but I don't print them off, I put those on a disc or display a few of them them in clear display photo holders from yellow moon and hang them up.
I think a slide show is a great idea and have seen them used in nurseries and children centres, the children love seeing themselves and friends.

singlewiththree
13-12-2009, 07:33 AM
I print mine myself and put them in a normal slip in photo album for the children and parents to see. I also have a digital photo frame on sometimes.

For the parents I have an individual memory stick for each child and it goes home once a term and returned after the holidays, this means I can delete them all and start again (less the ones I print for observations)

Blackhorse
13-12-2009, 08:58 AM
There is not much point of posed photos, ofsted aren't interested in them, what they do want to see are photos showing what the child is doing , how this links to the eyfs, what they are learning and what the next steps are.
Posed photos are great for the parents but I don't print them off, I put those on a disc or display a few of them them in clear display photo holders from yellow moon and hang them up.
I think a slide show is a great idea and have seen them used in nurseries and children centres, the children love seeing themselves and friends.

I wasnt talking about posed photos..I always take ''actins shots'' not sure why you thought it was about posed photos...

loocyloo
13-12-2009, 08:15 PM
i have scrap books full of photos of the children and the activities we do through out the day/week/month/year! they go back to when we moved house ( 3 1/2yrs ago! ) ... so now, when you look through, you see 4 halloween parties, 3 easter activities etc ... and lovely to 'watch' the children growing up! the children love looking at them, and showing their parents. prospective parents seem to enjoy them too! (as did ofsted!)

i also put photos in the childrens daily diaries, and in the observational files! i sometimes end up getting 3 copies of the same photo! i use truprint, you can prepay and get the cost down to 5p a print!

xxx

Alibali
14-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I use a scrapbook for each child and put drawings etc in them too, I print the photos at home, and when CC come they see the childrens portfolios as evidence, so I don't do a seperate one.

I also send the parents slide shows of the other pics and give them a photo cd every year and they can choose whether or not to print them themselves.

mama2three
14-12-2009, 06:44 PM
i have scrapbook learning journeys for each child with photos.
then i have a setting photo / activity album showing what we have been up to , great for looking through with mindees and for showing preospective parents. not sure ofsted would be interested in it though.
finally i often put the laptop in the hall at ' home time ' and put the mindees file on slideshow for parents, often encourages more discussion between parent / child too.
i used to print them off myself but found it works out cheaper just to do it at asda. i go through printer ink like its going out of fashion as it is !

beccas
14-12-2009, 07:11 PM
if you google snapfish discount codes you can get 40 free prints and just pay for posting i did i got 53 prints and it cost me £1.80 i think or round about that...

here found link for you
www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/discounts/snapfish.co.uk